Bestbuy.com has 360's available!!!

Quantities being shipped have tripled as the new plant came online. We should start seeing palattes of them in stores soon.....

I haven't been following Xbox 360 news lately. Are these the 2nd revs coming out now? Are people still reporting issues with their hardware?

My son's friend is on his 3rd one. First one was scratching the games. 2nd one 3 blinking red lights. ( I think that was the issue ) I've heard and read about many people haveing teh same types of issues.

I'll keep an eye out for those isues on mine. Only had it a few weeks now. So far, I havent noticed any scratches or red lights, but I certainly wasnt looking for scratches either.

I got mine on launch day from BestBuy.com. Zero issues (it froze once around XMas during my first day of DOA4 - no problems before or after)....

A few suggestions.....

1. Pick horizontal or vertical and DON'T touch it. Moving it during use is what triggers the scratching.

2. Make sure the power brick (boy is THAT named right), is standing vertically balancing on the area where the cord enters the brick. Heat is the enemy here, if you lay it flat on a carpet it will cook and cause problems. Also make sure that you have a firm connection of the power cord to the back of the unit (get a toothbrush and clean the plastic to remove any dust coatings which might inhibit a good connection)
3. Make sure you have at LEAST 3 inches above the 360 unit as heat buildup can trigger the 3 red light error.

4. Try to make sure you pick an outlet that isn't on an overloaded circuit. Bad power (too much undervoltage or overvoltage can cause problems.... better yet, put it on a line conditioner or a large UPS (1200v) to make sure it is getting clean power. (So don't blame Microsoft when your machine flakes out when someone else in your house switches on a vacuum cleaner or a hair dryer).

YES, the original XBox was more forgiving, but with a little extra precautions you can make sure that you are not one of the ones having numerous repeat problems. I've followed all of these and had zero problems

Treat mine like a baby and got the 3 red lights anyway. Mine gave me problems right from the start, when I took it out of the box.
At this moment the 3 red lights are permanent..

Good advise Bob, I put the brick flat on the Ent. Center ..

Quick Funny note..
I was watching the G4 channel about a month ago and they were reading news or company statements. The person stated that Microsoft issued an statement, "Xbox 360 sales not as good as expected" I was speechless, well I the people could buy it do you think that this would happened?

Yeah, I'm sure they budgeted a number about 40% higher than the original XBox's first quarter. Reasonable except for the fact that they shipped 40% LESS units to retailers.

Now we'll see how things do now that there is a steady supply. Watch for Core sales to plummet now that the non-brain dead variety is in decent supply quantities.....

I was at my local BB on Tuesday. All they had was 6 cores available. This is the first time I've seen any type of 360 available in a retail store.
Except for the demo of course.

I've had mine since Christmas without any problems. I've read that the scratch problem occurs if you move it, i.e. tilt it while a disc is in the unit. The fix is putting spacers inside to prevent the spinning disc from contacting the read head. For now, just avoid moving it with a disc inside. Look here.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)