BeVU installation in Northern California

Fgsilva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Vallejo, CA
Hi Anybody else here who lives in CA and installed Bevu?

Though I'll be using "professional" people to do the installation they are not familiar with the system, so I'd like to go ahead and give them the right info. Also, for those of you who do have it here in CA, what channels do you exactly get it it? Though my main interest in for their HD channels, I'd also like to see if there's anything else interesting in their packages.

Thanks!!

This is probably too late - not a regular here. For an active Canadian forum go to www.kusat.com. Connect to forum way down on home page on the left.

I am in Bay Area and have had BEV for 3 years, getting HD via the 6000 box.
As you may know, we in the far west lost nearly half of the std. def. channels when they moved them to an ancient sat. they took over last fall. We still get a lot of what we want plus they have more HD than anyone except VOOM.
If you still need advice, PM me and i'll give you my number. You may not need a broker as you can call their 416 number and deal with them yourself. All you need to give them is a Canadian address.

...mike

Set up is the same as D*. Go to www.lyngsat.com for Bev sat posistions. Your instructions should have the sat position with az and skew. I know my S* came with all needed info for my self install, took about an hour. Call kusat for a broker, and stay away from Freeway Support, what a headache.

Mike

localnet said:
Set up is the same as D*. Go to www.lyngsat.com for Bev sat posistions. Your instructions should have the sat position with az and skew. I know my S* came with all needed info for my self install, took about an hour. Call kusat for a broker, and stay away from Freeway Support, what a headache.

Mike

Thanks Mike. No HD for me this weekend cause my broker (TVM) won't be back till tomorrow. can't do much right now in terms of installation to figure out why I can't get both 91 and 82, cause there's about a foot of snow up on my roof! I may just leave it as it is though cause I only care for HD anyway. Not sure what I can get anyway on 91 because most stuff got moved to Nim3. Besides I also have E* with over 200 channels of crap I dont' really watch anyway (except the HD channels, which are VERY few!) :D

Well, I can relate to the snow issue, but no HD, that stinks. I am dumping E* in a few weeks for Voom, we will see how that goes. To few HD cahnnels on the 811 for me. Mainly watch S*, nothing better then watching the Detroit Lions "lose" in HD, makes a guy all warm and fuzzy inside, not. I think we have been cursed by the football gods. Oh, and good luck with TVM, Nancy has been great over the past year. Only had to call her once to have Fox Detroit turned on when it came available. Great service!

Mike

localnet said:
Well, I can relate to the snow issue, but no HD, that stinks. I am dumping E* in a few weeks for Voom, we will see how that goes. To few HD cahnnels on the 811 for me. Mainly watch S*, nothing better then watching the Detroit Lions "lose" in HD, makes a guy all warm and fuzzy inside, not. I think we have been cursed by the football gods. Oh, and good luck with TVM, Nancy has been great over the past year. Only had to call her once to have Fox Detroit turned on when it came available. Great service!

Mike

If I could get Voom, I'd sure switch. But my location in the mountains doesn't allow me to get it anyway because darn trees will get in the way (at least that's what the installer said...). Hmmm, maybe I should get a second opinion! So far, Cathy (not Nancy for me...) has been great also. i still need to figure out why I can only get one sat, but again, not sure if I care anyway cause the HD channels are on 82 anyways.

Fgsilva said:
Thanks Mike. No HD for me this weekend cause my broker (TVM) won't be back till tomorrow. can't do much right now in terms of installation to figure out why I can't get both 91 and 82, cause there's about a foot of snow up on my roof! I may just leave it as it is though cause I only care for HD anyway. Not sure what I can get anyway on 91 because most stuff got moved to Nim3. Besides I also have E* with over 200 channels of crap I dont' really watch anyway (except the HD channels, which are VERY few!) :D

Installation problem solved. I had the wrong skew value. I went to kusat.com and got the write value. After did the check switch if found both sats and now I get everything (well, except what's supposed to be on Nim3)! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)