Beware of "FREE" DN Offers

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
Last month we were paying $48 a month for our DN subscription (Top 120, Locals, DVR and Cinemax for a penny) and were very happy. My wife then saw that "Nurse Jackie" had started a new season on Showtime and added it to our package (now $60).

I then saw on Satellite Guys that I could sign up for HBO / Showtime for FREE for three months. I talked to a CSR and he assured me that it could be added. saving $12 from Showtime I added the $10 HD package which brought our monthly subscription back down to $48 a month which the CSR confirmed.

A few days later I saw that our monthly bill was now $75. :rant: I talked to a CSR again and he said "I see the mistake and it will be corrected in 4-5 days". Six days later I signed on only to see that our current bill is now $103. :rant:
This is because they charge you in advance a month for new programming that has been added.

I now log online to drop HBO and saw that our bill would only go down to $73 next month because DN charges $5 to reduce programming.

Tonight I will probably call and cancel HBO along with the Cinemax for a penny by also canceling AutoPay and Paperless Billing, so that next time I can argue a mistake before being charged.

DirecTV is sounding good right now.

Well....while downgrading my package from T250 to T200...the CSR told me that I m eligible for 3 free months of HBO & ST also....so I told him if its free why not. But when I receive my bill...it was up by abt $40. Talk to CSR...& they said that my account have got the promotional HBO & ST...& that I should have got the credits....but they have no idea why. They also said that they will ask the billing department to give me the appropriate credit for the free offer they gave me. I was polite all the time during this conversation...& even agreed to pay the big invoice since they told me that my next invoice will have all the credits.Sometime billing can get some unforseen errors. When that happens...talk & try to resolve things. But as u did...dont take everything CSR mention. Keep track of ur invoice...& call back if there is something missing. I myself plan to call them next week if the credits r not applied by then

Well....while downgrading my package from T250 to T200...the CSR told me that I m eligible for 3 free months of HBO & ST also....so I told him if its free why not. But when I receive my bill...it was up by abt $40. Talk to CSR...& they said that my account have got the promotional HBO & ST...& that I should have got the credits....but they have no idea why. They also said that they will ask the billing department to give me the appropriate credit for the free offer they gave me. I was polite all the time during this conversation...& even agreed to pay the big invoice since they told me that my next invoice will have all the credits.Sometime billing can get some unforseen errors. When that happens...talk & try to resolve things. But as u did...dont take everything CSR mention. Keep track of ur invoice...& call back if there is something missing. I myself plan to call them next week if the credits r not applied by then

you have to keep on top of them for the free stuff. They will not fix it unless you demand them to fix it. After running into this same problem twice with Dish, I swore off anything free from them.

Well this "FREE" offer has now cost me well over $60. After talking to 4 CSR's I discovered that the charge wasn't being deducted, because I had already accepted a previous offer last May.

When I signed up with Dish last summer I turned down all the "free" movie packages. I have a stack of DVD's I don't have time to watch as it is, and this is exactly the reason I didn't sign up for the "free" months. I didn't want to take the chance that at the end of the free period I would have a hassle getting them off my account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts