Big 10 Hd??

codton

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 5, 2007
Waterford, CT
DISH states that the BIG 10 Network is a part of their HD lineup for AT 200 and higher. Isn't this dependent on what state you live in? Isn't it only available in Big 10 country? A little misleading, isn't it?:confused:

Basically nobody knows for sure what is going on with the Big 10 network. The only thing I know for sure (at least pretty sure) is that the lowest pack you can get it in is the AT100Plus.

I don't think even the Big 10 network knows what's going on. Apparently, even though the Eagles' stadium was filled with 90% Penn State fans & Alumni for the PSU-Temple Football game, the Philadelphia area isn't considered a Big 10 region, so we don't get their programming.

I honestly think it has NOTHING to do with where you live. Just a way for Dish to make money on a different channel. And I can't say I blame them. I just wish they would update their page and take it off the advertisement if they aren't going to give it to the dishHD standalone people. It was one of the deciding factors when I ordered. Not that I am leaving because I don't get it, but I was really let down when it didn't come in. One of the first channels I checked on when the installer left.

As an Ohio HD Only sub, I wish I knew what was up. I though I was supposed to get it, but don't. I won't press the issue until football season.

You may not get it because it is considered an RSN and those are not available in the HD only PAK. That is why I have not switched to it. That and no FOX NEWS HD yet.

When the channel was launched on Dish, the press release read that after the free preview period, BTN would remain available to subscribers in which has a Big Ten school although some cities would not continue to receive them, anyone else would have to subscribe to the multi sports pack. I don't know why they do have this notice on the website.

Well I am near st. louis but on the illinois side of the river. And with the HD only package I still get Big 10. *shrug*

After having a couple of helpful CSRs send hits to my receiver in attempt to "re-activate" the channel with no success, I switched back to my prior package. Somehow the HD Only package would not allow them to permanently add the channel to my account. And, their website has finally been updated to remove BTN from the HD Only package.

After having a couple of helpful CSRs send hits to my receiver in attempt to "re-activate" the channel with no success, I switched back to my prior package. Somehow the HD Only package would not allow them to permanently add the channel to my account. And, their website has finally been updated to remove BTN from the HD Only package.

With the loss of the 15 Voom channels Dish should add this channel to the Ultimate package and DishHD package.....regardless of your geographic location.

I don't think even the Big 10 network knows what's going on. Apparently, even though the Eagles' stadium was filled with 90% Penn State fans & Alumni for the PSU-Temple Football game, the Philadelphia area isn't considered a Big 10 region, so we don't get their programming.

Philly is not considered to be "Big Ten Country" because Comcast wants it that way. Comcast is close to signing or has signed a deal to carry BTN on the condition that they could put it on a sports tier in Philly.

This change applies to all other carriers of BTN. So to get BTN in Philly and in other areas outside of "Big Ten Country", you have to subscribe to a sports tier. Inside Big Ten Country, you do not.

Not sure what's going on with the HD only pack. Just thought I would try to clear the Philly thing up.

Otherwise, Big Ten Country is Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio and Pennsylvania (not including the Philly DMA).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)