Big announcement from 360 due on 1/11 in japan

I looked and the posts are all just random guesses. Possibly I missed it, but I saw nothing that had any fact behind it.

yeah, dosent seem like alot of people have ign access, we are sure to know soon enough as it is tommorow right now over in japan where this supposed announcement is set to take place, I think Metal gear Solid is going to be on the 360. Dont know though just a guess.

All I can see so far is alot of PS3 owners are freaking out on the boards. Kinda funny to watch the masses get into a panic.

Summarize the most popular ideas:

MGS4 on 360
FF(n) on 360
MS makes blu-ray add-on
MS bought Konami
MS or Sony bought EA
MS bought Japan (yeah, I saw it a couple times in one of the threads)
Sony gives up console business
Apple Game system
PS3 price drop to match 360 price
PS3 DVD only version at 360 price

Again, those are the most prevelent ones I saw. Many others in the at least 10 threads I see on the subject.

Good reading if you have time.

MGS4 on 360
FF(n) on 360
MS makes blu-ray add-on
MS bought Konami
MS bought Japan (yeah, I saw it a couple times in one of the threads)( I will keep this one in there for kicks)
Apple Game system

I left the ones in there that I think are going to happen...we will see though, and you are right it is fun to watch people squirm.!

In the last Electronic Gaming Monthly under the Rumor Mill section they stated that at some point MS might announce that it is going to get MGS4, I am putting my money on that being the big announcement. EGM has been pretty dead on with it's rumors...

also, remember the NPD sales numbers get released tommorow, even though I dont think that has anything to do with this, could be wrong though....i am just going to assume that microsoft bought konami as they cancelled a bunch of games today.

Whatever it may be, they may have waited until after the PS3 came out to do this to ramp up 360 sales to compete.

Never mind I found it. They are releasing a Trilogy of Metal Gear Solid for the 360. The first three games and not the 4th one.

This is what's posted on some of the boards. There is no source and some are saying it's fake. So believe at your own risk.

OSAKA – Konami Digital Entertainment – Japan, a division of Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc., today announced a new, exclusive for the Xbox 360 gameconsole, development team will be formed inside Konami Corporation. On January 11, 2007, Konami Corporation merged and consolidated its group companies. Accordingly, former Konami Computer Entertainment Japan East Team, lead by creator Hideo Kojima (Corporate Officer, Konami Corporation), embarks on a new era as "Kojima X Productions" inside Konami Corporation.

The newly formed Kojima "X" Productions is proud to announce that Metal Gear Solid: Triology is currently in development for the XBOX®360 ( X360 ) next-generation computer entertainment system from Microsoft ( MS ). Metal Gear Solid: Trilogy will be a remake of three Hideo Kojima's masterpieces. Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance and Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence. The Metal Gear Solid series, is highly acclaimed worldwide, with its breathtaking graphics, profound stories, intricate human drama, original game design and superlative gameplay. Also under development is one other exciting game in the Metal Gear series -- Metal Gear Solid: Fluid Ac!d for the Microsoft Zune media player.

Updates regarding Kojima Productions will be posted periodically on the following website: Kojima Productions Official Homepage: http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/.

About Konami Corporation
Konami Corporation is a leading developer, publisher and manufacturer of electronic entertainment properties, specializing in the home video game market. Konami Corporation's action and adventure titles include the popular franchises Metal Gear Solid®, Silent Hill® and Castlevania®, among other top sellers. The latest information about Konami can be found on the Web at www.konami.com. Konami Corporation is a publicly traded company based in Tokyo, Japan with subsidiary offices, Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. in the US and Konami of Europe in Frankfurt, Germany. Konami Corporation, the parent company of Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. is traded in the United States on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol KNM. Details of the products published by Konami Digital Entertainment - America can be found at www.konami.com/gs.​

Last edited:
That's going to be one long ass game. Konami might have to go to the blu-ray format to fit all the game data and video on one disc. Three games into one, on a single DVD-9 disc. Wowww

I still believe that MS will get MGS4, look at Assassin's Creed, originally it was only exculsive to the PS3, and now it is coming out on 360. I think too many companies are realizing the potential of producing for the 360 (and I am not a fan boy, last gen I supported all three, though, this gen I am only going to support 360 and the Wii, sorry $599 and games like Gears of War are on 360, no brainer for me)...

...keep dreaming on having MGS4 on the 360.
Remmember Japan sticks with their own nationality stuff..
Japan doesn't like 360. Remmeber that.

...keep dreaming on having MGS4 on the 360.
Remmember Japan sticks with their own nationality stuff..
Japan doesn't like 360. Remmeber that.

Remember though in business, the dollar typically means more than sticking with their own nationality stuff...

Although I would hate it, 360 will probably get MGS4. But at least it will be a port. I hate the fact that the 360 is taking any exclusives away from the PS3. If you want to play the game, buy the damn system. I have both. You can get both for $1000, big whoop.

Lost Planet

Cool AC adaptor for PS3 controllers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)