Big Install on Friday, Any Advice?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
dnyce said:
Apparently my big appointment for the 11th is now the 29th and no one bothered to call and tell me. :mad: I get home early on Friday all excited decided to call in to make sure the installer had my cell # and come to find out when I added additional receivers to my order on Monday the local office pushed it back 3 weeks. I was afraid that would happen that is why I made sure to ask the CSR numerous times will this change my installation date. She said no we still have you for the 11th. I was pissed on Friday and I'm pissed now. What ticked me off more is that the guy I talked to in Customer Retention didn't have one ounce of remorse. The word 'Sorry' or 'I apologize didn't come out of his month. All I got was nothing I can do and the other rep told you the wrong info. So I called back later to get another rep who was much more pleasant, got a $50 credit (better than nothing) and she sent an email to the local office who is supposed to be giving me a call tomorrow to see if they can split the job do my main TV this week and wait for the rest of the house. I'm running out of DVD's! Anyone have any ideas? Would I be better off just calling some random local DirecTV installer??

I would stick with the install you have scheduled. Anytime you add or change anything on an order it will move your install date. Its a stupid way to do things but D* is set thet way.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. no its not stupid the way the directv do things . you have to remember before the date of your installation that you make your mind up about how many outlets you want to install in your house. cause when we technician get to the customer house we confirm the equipment with them before we start doing anything. if the customer dont have the right equipment on the work order it will cause a headache for both customers and technicians. technician have to get on the phone to change the work order which could take about an hour . thats alot of time being wasted for nothing when we could go to another customer to make some money .

i wish directv could set up a system to email each customers work orders before the installation date. that will make things alot easier on the technician and the customer .

I wish DirecTV had a competent way for their local offices to talk to Corporate!

I was three wayed in on a call with the local install office serving Detroit (Michigan Microtech?). DirecTV was yelling at the Mich Microtech people!!!

I had no shows and installers telling me conflicting info. It was bad.

DirecTV and the installers could care less...they were more worried about sprinting to their next (i.e. easier) job instead of assisting me. It was like...hey, let the next guy deal with it...:rolleyes:

We'll I'm supposed to be installed on Saturday. Just in time for football, so they better make this one. I feel a little better than I got a confirmation letter in the mail detailing the equipment and cost of my install. Too bad it doesn't say a date or time. I'm definitely calling tonight to verify, and why is it that DirecTV won't give me the local companies phone number so I can contact them directly?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)