Big NBA Trade!

Can you say Mike Brown's days are numbered? Shaq is notorious for going to places where the coach HE WANTS is coaching. This trade makes them better....enough to win it all next year...I am leaning on no.

Since so many like to hate, I can hear it already if Cleveland wins the championship.

"Lebron can't win without Shaq"

"Shaq can't win without Kobe/Wade/Lebron"

Sandra

Since so many like to hate, I can hear it already if Cleveland wins the championship.

Sandra

Shaq HAS NOT won without Kobe and Wade...and now only Kobe has won without Shaq.

...that's not hate...that's facts.

This has been rumored for some time. Great move for the Cavs!

If that does happen then it proves the necessity of the trade, doesn't it??

As has been discussed here before, it takes more than one player to make a championship TEAM....

If that does happen then it proves the necessity of the trade, doesn't it??

As has been discussed here before, it takes more than one player to make a championship TEAM....

To me, this is a somewhat a desperate move to 'win right now while we still have Lebron'. IF they do not win it this year.....then what? I think the trade is great for Cleveland only because they gave away so little and got in return an improvement over the currnt center.

Still not good enough to beat the Magic..Shaq is old and washed up. Did they give up much? Nope, not at all, but really, How much did they get in return?

Time will tell.

Still not good enough to beat the Magic..Shaq is old and washed up. Did they give up much? Nope, not at all, but really, How much did they get in return?

Time will tell.

Isn't that the point? We got a starting center who is 7'2" and 325lbs and gave up next to nothing to get him. We traded away Ben Wallace who is now a liability on offense and a shell of his former self on defense. We also threw in Sasha Pavlovic who is wildly inconsistent and only sees sporadic playing time. Plus, Shaq only has 1 more year left on his contract. I don't see any downfall to this trade at all.

Think about it, Shaq will be super motivated to win his 5th Championship next season as he knows retirement is just around the corner. Shaq and Kobe are currently tied among active NBA'ers with the most Championships (4 each).

Last year the league wanted the dream matchup of LeBron vs. Kobe in a NBA Finals. Now, can you imagine the magnitude of a LeBron/Shaq vs. Kobe/Pao?!

Holy Hell! This year is gonna be a FUN RIDE AT THE Q!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Dan Gilbert! You just gave me something to be happy about this summer!!!

Still not good enough to beat the Magic..Shaq is old and washed up.

:confused: Old and washed up?! Shaq was an All-Star last year. He has proven to still be a good player, despite his age.

For instance, last year, Shaq averaged 18 pts, 8.5 reb. I'll take those stats any night from my center.

Plus, our one single weakness last year was our lack of a physical center. To the casual fan, people saw the Magic forwards shoot lights out from behind the arc and attributed that to the reason why the Cavs lost, which in fact is a bit skewed. The real reason we lost and had trouble against some of the bigger teams in the league was out lack of a physical pressense down low. Centers scored at will over the feeble Zydrunas Illgauskas. Now, we have big boy, aka Shaq Daddy who even OUT-SIZES Dwight Howard! Now, we will no longer have to double team centers and can play man-to-man on the perimeter guys.

Fellas, I know The Daddy is getting older, but for 1 year, I think the Cavs just mended one of our biggest holes! I LOVE THIS MOVE!!!!!!!!

Sandra

Ok Missy, everyone knows that in the NBA, every Batman needs a Robin to win. It's well documented....

Jordan had Pippen (and Horace Grant).

Kobe had Shaq (and Pau Gasol this year)

Wade had Shaq

Garnett had Paul Pierce and Ray Allen

This year, we thought Mo Williams was LeBron's Robin. That didn't happen in this year's playoffs. Now, Shaq may be that Robin.

But Kobe didn't win without Pao Gasol.

Every Batman needs a Robin. Just because it wasn't Shaq, Kobe still needed a superstar to win won this year. Pao was that man.

Though you are correct that without a Robin, there is no Batman....BUT Pao is not the subject...Shaq is.

To me, this is a somewhat a desperate move to 'win right now while we still have Lebron'. IF they do not win it this year.....then what? I think the trade is great for Cleveland only because they gave away so little and got in return an improvement over the currnt center.

Desperate?! LMAO! Desperate is a strong word. But yes, team ownership realizes what we have right now and wants to win NOW. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Dan Gilbert and company have found out this year that we need to improve the Center position in order to win. We've addressed that issue with the signing of Shaq.

Plus, this sends yet another signal to LeBron that team ownership is committed to winning each and every year, whatever it takes. And that may be the most important aspect of the entire trade since LeBron has 1 year left on his contract here in Cleveland.

We're all in. This is it. 2010 here we come!

Time will tell.
Old and washed up doesn't really apply to Shaq. He's never had superstar talent...in college he was a pathetic ball handler and free thrower compared to other players, still is. Shaq's strength is that he's big and bold and close to the basket. He's hard to move and when he goes for the basket he's hard to stop.

All drama aside, he can only help the Cavs in my opinion. It'll be interesting to see how Lebron's game changes with Shaq in there. :)

Wimbledon 2009

ANGEL PITCHER KILLED IN CRASH!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)