big props to Dish email

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tomyo10

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 20, 2006
erie, pa
Just wanted to pass on two short successes with the ceo email address.

I've had a huge problem with my TV2 remote burning up batteries at an alarming rate. I called Dich customer service twice and they told me blowing through 4 batteries every 3 weeks is normal. Of course it's not. On the last call, the CSR was going to ship me one for $19.95 because I do not have the service contract. I told him I called before when I did have the contract. He said sorry, he can't help me.

I emailed my problem. Within a day, I get a response saying I'll be getting another remote at no charge. So far, so good with this one.

The other story concerns a referral for a guy at work. I gave him a Dishclub card and the installer refused to take it, saying it should've been stated on the work order. My friend called Dish, and they said the same thing.

So I email, and not only did I get the $50 referral discount, but they gave my friend a one-time $50 discount, even though they already gave him that by signing up for the 2 year commitment. They certainly didn't have to do that.

In times of declining customer service levels everywhere, it sure was comforting knowing Dish still cares, albeit past the normal CSR routes.

It's nice to see people are getting some customer service.. now they just need to push that customer service out to the Customer Service agents and some of the installers..

I always had excellent results with ceo email. They are more understanding to customer frustrations and will go out of their ways to make it right.

I may have to email them too. I gave out a club dish number that was used and the dishnetwork site said it was a reward. Then they worked on the site and now its gone, says no customers referred and I never gotten a credit ;)

Its nice the ceo line helps but it shouldnt have to get to that point.

Yeah, if they respond back to your email, in which they do not always do. I have tried contacting them before without any response back whatsoever and others have said the same thing.

Also, it seems to me like Dish Network is trying to avoid anything that costs them money but they will when confronted about it so that they do not lose a customer. Dish Network is not as friendly to deal with as they used to be. They need to learn to keep their customers happy to reduce churn. Trying to charge customers for remotes that have factory defects is not a way of doing that. I also do not like them charging people $50 for a smart card just because they have an issue keeping their system secure if someone had one in storage. It seems like you have to get the warranty on your account to get most of these issues resolved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts