Binge glitch - next ep in middle of previous one

KatzeKitty

Original poster
Sep 3, 2022
northwest Iowa
My Dish unit recently popped up with the “binge watch” feature similar to Netflix where (supposedly) the next episode in a set of recordings of a series will begin after the previous episode has ended. However, it’ll start the next episode at any point during the previous episode. Like, nine minutes into Lucifer, the next episode will start, or with 24 minutes left of Bones, the next episode will start.

It it just me, or is this happening to others? I looked for a way to disable it, but haven’t found a solution yet. Any suggestions?

If you see the binge feature pop up on the right hand bottom side and it's counting down to the next episode hit cancel and it won't start the next episode. This is something new they just added recently that is good if you have concurrent episodes and you want to watch a lot of episodes in order. Then you can start the next episode from the start if you want.

Yeah, but I’m not always watching closely or have the remote handy, like when I’m folding laundry or making dinner. And it’s not a problem when it happens at the END of an episode, it’s when it pops over DURING the episode. It can happen multiple times during a single episode.

If possible, I’d like to disable this new “feature” until they get it fixed.

If you see the binge feature pop up on the right hand bottom side and it's counting down to the next episode hit cancel and it won't start the next episode. This is something new they just added recently that is good if you have concurrent episodes and you want to watch a lot of episodes in order. Then you can start the next episode from the start if you want.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I've also seen the new binge feature. For me it happens right at the end of the show that I'm watching and flawlessly switches to the start of the next show. So far nothing burps in the middle.

Also, if I tell it cancel and watch to the end of the recording and then manually start the next show, I'll see the minute overlap between the two shows (last minute of the 1st show, 1st minute of the 2nd show). The binge feature seamlessly merges the two and it just continues. Whether or not you manually select Next or just let it time out.

So when it works (like so far for me) it works fine. A very nice implementation IMHO.

It works for series tv on the VOD menu. You can watch a whole season from start to finish if you want and it automatically moves to the next show in order. I have seen my buddy's wife use it to watch her shows at their house.

Reactions: charlesrshell
My Dish unit recently popped up with the “binge watch” feature similar to Netflix where (supposedly) the next episode in a set of recordings of a series will begin after the previous episode has ended. However, it’ll start the next episode at any point during the previous episode. Like, nine minutes into Lucifer, the next episode will start, or with 24 minutes left of Bones, the next episode will start.

It it just me, or is this happening to others? I looked for a way to disable it, but haven’t found a solution yet. Any suggestions?
I just want to get on the list for a notification of how to obliterate their BS notification of "next up" and remove it completely! Let me know if you figure it out and I will forever be in your debt!