Bingo coming to Dish soon on Channel 104

Hey I could watch Poker player 24/7 Bring it on!

I like the Travel Channels poker show best, followed by the new Celebrity poker show (now only if it had real celebrities on it) :)

Compelling Bingo channels are few and far between. I hope Chas adds the HD version quick.

I can see it now, another 15 to 20 minute spot on the chat taken up by the Dish interactive dude trying to get folks to sign up for this now that college football is over.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Re: Bingo coming to Dish soon on Channel 104.
What? They must have paid a pretty penny to get place there (either that, or they conned E* and Charlie into thinking it was an entertainment channel).

BINGO belongs on channel 220 ... with the rest of the hawking channels. The WHOLE basis of this program is advertising.
BingoTV is a sophisticated advertising/marketing/promotional tool that gives commercial advertisers an unprecedented opportunity to immerse their products into a compelling program format. A format that is unzippable and unzappable.
(Although their web site is a source of the Channel 104 placement.)

JL

First Reality tv and now Bingo tv.

Come on there has got to be some way to get more channels we might actually want like Thriller Max, Oxygen or what ever else that is out there that the competition has. Maybe Charlie is getting some kind of a kick back for every bingo pot won on the channel or they must be paying him to show this crap. The poker channel can't be far from a reality now. We all know after the last Chat that Charlie likes to play musical chair poker .

Oh yeah where is the new dvr channel we were suppossed to get on 102? Can't wait to watch that one in continual loops 24/7.

If you look at their mailing address it appears that they are next door to Dish Network, I would not be surprised if Dish has part ownership in this.

You will be getting Bingo Boards in your next statement according to the website.

I wish for every 5 crappy channels Dish gave us they would throw us one channel we really want.

Sounds like this is a Charlie Channel!

Void in Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Michigan, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas and where prohibited by law.

"BingoTV was founded in 2002 by Ira Bahr. . .Most recently Mr. Bahr was SVP of Marketing for Dish Network which is the nation’s fourth largest distributor of multi-channel video."

I guess that explains how this advertising crap ended up on channel 104.

BingoTV is a sophisticated advertising/marketing/promotional tool that gives commercial advertisers an unprecedented opportunity to immerse their products into a compelling program format. A format that is unzippable and unzappable.

Sounds like fun.

/Benjamin

FYI:

Void in Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Michigan, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas and where prohibited by law.

I don't understand why it would be void though... It is free (you can get a free card using a SASE), and you don't have to subscribe to Dish or anything to play (you can play on the website). Very odd...

Why launch national channel that has no use in 30% of the US States?

There are gambling laws in effect in those states. Bingo is a form of gambling. Even when churches do it for fundraising. It is still illegal.

The only exemptions are indian reservation Bingo since the reservation is in effect not part of the state and governed by its own laws.

Scott lives not too far from Foxwood and Mohican Sun in CT. He can tell you. :)

My mom went to Foxwood all the time to play bingo before we moved to Arkysaw.

rtt2 said:
Why launch national channel that has no use in 30% of the US States?
Little old ladies might just want to watch it even if they cannot play - advertisers will still be happy...

Scott Greczkowski said:
If you look at their mailing address it appears that they are next door to Dish Network, I would not be surprised if Dish has part ownership in this.
From the bottom of the 'rules' page:
8. The Sponsor of this promotion: The Sponsor of this promotion is EchoStar BingoTV Net Corp, 90 Inverness Circle East, Englewood CO, 80112.

I just went to the Bingo site and clicked on Watch BingoTV live and they happened to be playing a test game.

Below is the screen shot of what I saw.

Also notice the price, a Sirius Radio with a Lifetime Subscription... Maybe the rumors of Echostar buying out Sirius have some merit. :)

Check it out below...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)