This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Bizarre problem with Xbox360 HD-DVD and Heroes Disc 2!

cheebs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 15, 2005
I pre-ordered Heroes on Amazon and got it the day after the release. Much to my disappointment, Disc 2 of the set would not play. Called Amazon, got an RMA and had a replacement sent. Got the replacement yesterday.

Well dangit Disc 2 from this set won't play either!!! All others, from 1 to 7 play fine, Disc 2 sends the 360 HD system back to the Dashboard! Anyone else have a similar problem? Firmware is up-to-date, and ALL other HD-DVDs play with no issues.

Never mind! After running a search on a couple other forums I ran into the fix: delete all files from the system/memory/HD-DVD section and reload disc. It will take around 3 minutes to load, but will do so eventually.

All the discs played fine for me on my XA1. There's a thread on AVS that indicates some issues & remedies for playback on the Xbox. Here's a link to the thread, and here's a couple of probable remedies:

Disc 2 for me sat there the first time "Loading" for several minutes, nothing happening, so I turned off the xbox and turned it on again, then it was fine.

Other than that, all discs play great.

or -

EDIT: Too slow (still chugging down the morning coffee )
Looks like you found it.

EDIT: Too slow (still chugging down the morning coffee )
Looks like you found it.

Hey, thanks for taking the time to look for that info! Exactly my case, as the morning coffee took effect, I realized I was just a Google away from the solution

BTW, this Heroes HD DVD set is the shiznit!