Bizarre problem with Xbox360 HD-DVD and Heroes Disc 2!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cheebs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 15, 2005
I pre-ordered Heroes on Amazon and got it the day after the release. Much to my disappointment, Disc 2 of the set would not play. Called Amazon, got an RMA and had a replacement sent. Got the replacement yesterday.

Well dangit Disc 2 from this set won't play either!!! All others, from 1 to 7 play fine, Disc 2 sends the 360 HD system back to the Dashboard! Anyone else have a similar problem? Firmware is up-to-date, and ALL other HD-DVDs play with no issues.

Never mind! After running a search on a couple other forums I ran into the fix: delete all files from the system/memory/HD-DVD section and reload disc. It will take around 3 minutes to load, but will do so eventually.

I pre-ordered Heroes on Amazon and got it the day after the release. Much to my disappointment, Disc 2 of the set would not play. Called Amazon, got an RMA and had a replacement sent. Got the replacement yesterday.

Well dangit Disc 2 from this set won't play either!!! All others, from 1 to 7 play fine, Disc 2 sends the 360 HD system back to the Dashboard! Anyone else have a similar problem? Firmware is up-to-date, and ALL other HD-DVDs play with no issues.

All the discs played fine for me on my XA1. There's a thread on AVS that indicates some issues & remedies for playback on the Xbox. Here's a link to the thread, and here's a couple of probable remedies:

Disc 2 for me sat there the first time "Loading" for several minutes, nothing happening, so I turned off the xbox and turned it on again, then it was fine.

Other than that, all discs play great.

or -

For Xbox 360 add on users using Disc 2:

When you see the loading screen after accepting the cookie you have to wait for it to finish downloading the online functionality of the Heroes HD Dvd set. After it's done with the loading process (will take a couple of minutes) the main menu screen will come up.

EDIT: Too slow (still chugging down the morning coffee :p)
Looks like you found it. :)

EDIT: Too slow (still chugging down the morning coffee :p)
Looks like you found it. :)

Hey, thanks for taking the time to look for that info! Exactly my case, as the morning coffee took effect, I realized I was just a Google away from the solution :eureka

BTW, this Heroes HD DVD set is the shiznit!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)