Black Sabbath inducted into Rock & Roll HOF

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

steve615

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jan 6, 2006
TN
For any metal heads out there,I thought this would make an interesting read.From www.ozzy.com Metallica inducted Black Sabbath into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame and also performed a medley of Sabbath songs during the induction ceremony Monday,March 13 at New York's Waldorf Astoria Hotel.Metallica ripped into covers of "Hole In The Sky" and "Iron Man",with vocalist James Hetfield reaching into his highest register to equal Ozzy Osbourne's signature singing style,according to www.billboard.com Metallica members Hetfield and Lars Ulrich,in a heartfelt induction,both said their band would not exist without the example of Black Sabbath,according to The Associated Press."I hearby not only acknowledge but scream from every f**king rooftop that Black Sabbath is and always will be synonymous with heavy metal" said Ulrich,sporting a vintage Sabbath t-shirt."We are here to celebrate Black Sabbath tonight a decade or so late,but that's another conversation,another argument" Ulrich said.The ceremony will air on VH-1 on Tuesday,March 21 at 9PM Eastern time.I say congrats to Ozzy and Sabbath,this is long overdue.:up :)

About F**king time!

A Long overdue congratulations to Geezer Butler, Tony Iommi, Ozzy Osbourne and Bill Ward. The fact that it took 8 years to induct the Godfather's of Metal into the HOF is a disgrace.

NightRyder

Last edited:
riffjim4069 said:
Holy crap...it's about time they FINALLY inducted a REAL Rock & Roll band into the Hall of Fame. Miles Davis, The Supremes, The Bee Gees? How about some Motorhead, Ted Nugent, Metallica...
I definitely agree...Another band that is now eligible for the HOF and is already getting snubbed is Van Halen...I just wonder how many years it will take them to get inducted.

I went to Ozzfest a few years ago at HighFiBuys ampitheater and seen Black Sabbath, and they rocked ass. All the originals were there, Geezer Butler, Tony I., Bill Ward. I even seen ex-Atlanta brave pitcher, John Rockard. He had some fine bitch with him, looked like a model or something. I went up and got his autograph. TV doesn't do justice for this guy. He was a lot bigger in person. Was two rows bewind the mosh pit. Caught a Distured guitar pic and a SlipKnot drum stick.

BrettTRay said:
I went to Ozzfest a few years ago at HighFiBuys ampitheater and seen Black Sabbath, and they rocked ass. All the originals were there, Geezer Butler, Tony I., Bill Ward. I even seen ex-Atlanta brave pitcher, John Rockard. He had some fine bitch with him, looked like a model or something. I went up and got his autograph. TV doesn't do justice for this guy. He was a lot bigger in person. Was two rows bewind the mosh pit. Caught a Distured guitar pic and a SlipKnot drum stick.
That's cool,sounds like a great time,for sure.I never got to see Sabbath,shame on me.I have seen Ozzy a couple of times in the past.First time was on the Diary Of A Madman tour in Nashville,shortly before Randy Rhoades died in that horrific plane crash....R.I.P. Randy,such a tragic end to one helluva talented guitarist.Then I saw him again on The Ultimate Sin tour,had a blast at both of those shows.:up :D Back in those days,I had a great connection with a store manager for the Sound Shop store in Murfreesboro,TN.I went to alot of shows with him.We went to alot of shows in Nashville,Memphis,Knoxville,Atlanta and St. Louis.Ahhh,those were the days indeed.He was always getting front row seats and alot of meet and greets and backstage passes.That was the last time I saw an Ozzy show,I haven't done any of the Ozzfest shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts