Bloomberg Interactive now live

AppliedAggression

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 26, 2003
Connecticut
The Bloomberg interactive channel is now live on Opentv channel 100. Not bad for those lazy times I don't feel like running to the computer. Seems like you can have bloomberg tv in the corner if you subscribe to it. I'd appreciate it if someone tries what the full screen bloomberg tv does. Does it just cancel the interactive part?

It would be neat to view some of this interactive information while you watch television at the same time. Perhaps that could be done with a PIP screen or something in the future.

Or at least make some of these interactive channels into real channels with assigned numbers (like weather is on 9500). Going through channel 100 and then clicking on 50 different menus to get to the one you want is ridiculous

Stargazer said:
It would be neat to view some of this interactive information while you watch television at the same time. Perhaps that could be done with a PIP screen or something in the future.

I actually suggested this to Dish. Come up with an agreement much like bloomberg where the banner at the bottem would be interactive. They said it wasn't possible, whatever that means by Dish standards. To me, having an interactive CNN, ESPN, CNBC banner would be a great idea and probably a great selling point for Dish receivers as well.

Perhaps what would help with the interactive application is to have shortcut keys to go to your favorite interactive applications and areas in the menu such as signal strength screen, a particular PVR Event, etc.

I remember it being mentioned on Tech Chat that it would be free for all and have a channel number, but so far I have not been able to access Bloomberg via 100 (it just says "A new interactive application is coming soon." The website still showed it as coming soon last time I checked.

Anyone know when it will be open to all receivers?

JL

Has anyone got the new Bloomberg Interactive (Chan 100 - 2 News - 2 Bloomberg) working on a 301 yet? I'm still getting a "Coming Soon" screen.

(Or is this going to be yet another 'announced on Charlie/Tech Chat and delayed indefinately' offering?)

JL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts