Status
Not open for further replies.

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
I've got a gripe about Bob Haller on this forum. I'm tired of his constant bashing of DISH.

All I have to say is, if you don't like it Bob, then switch and shutup!!

Neutron said:
I've got a gripe about Bob Haller on this forum. I'm tired of his constant bashing of DISH.

All I have to say is, if you don't like it Bob, then switch and shutup!!

Correct me if I am wrong but most of Bob Haller's comments are on the newsgroups forum. Is that correct? Anyway, I found that the best way to combat this type of user is to ignore them. Bob's comments are not the best comments and we just ignore them we do a great service to him and his ego...

A lot of his gripes show up in the general DISH and DISH PVR forums on both this site and DBSTalk.

So is that how it works? Just ignore any body that complains about Dish...

Is this the way one should deal with the "buggy" software too.. just ignore them?

Now I see how some people can live with them...

Also, its ones right to complain if they want.. isn't that what your doing now? I am :)

I think everyone has a right to complain about bugs as much as they want and everyone has a right to click ignore on those posters they choose not to read their posts.

There are trolls and there are Trolls. Bob is the latter and 99% of the blather he writes is useless ranting that serves no constructive purpose except convince any E* people that read this site that we are nothing but a bunch of crybabies droning on and on about the same things.

If you have a problem, fine... state it and let's have a discussion. But stop with the useless, E* is..... in big trouble, falling apart, Charlie's a crook, their receivers are an affront to peace loving people, etc. Bob has taken it to a whole new level. I solved the problem by clicking on the ignore button in the upper right hand corner of the offending posts. I suggest you all do the same and ignore him and his ilk. (And once again, I'm not slamming criticism, only repetitive, useless, blather that states the same thing over and over again)

Bob Haller at one time was a "pom pom" user of E* where they couldn't do any wrong at all in his eyes. E* also had Bob as a guest for a sat launch in Florida. I suspect if Bob is badmouthing E* then it is warranted. But knowing Bob, he's probably going overboard in criticizing E* when he went overboard in supporting them a few years back.

Bob is just being Bob. If you don't like what he says then ignore him.

Bob Haller used to be the biggest E* pom pommer of all time. He was even invited to attend a satellite launch and appeared on a Dish Network News segment. Knowing Bob, I bet he truly thinks E* deserves the criticism, but I would think he is probably going overboard, just as he went overboard in his previous support of E*.

Bob is who he is, Bob. If you don't like what he says then ignore him, just as I ignore other posters. You won't even see their posts and have no idea what they say. In fact, you may even be repeating the 'unseen' posts.

;) Oh, come on Rage. That was funny, you have to admit! Think about it!

Roger said:
Bob Haller at one time was a "pom pom" user of E* where they couldn't do any wrong at all in his eyes. E* also had Bob as a guest for a sat launch in Florida. I suspect if Bob is badmouthing E* then it is warranted. But knowing Bob, he's probably going overboard in criticizing E* when he went overboard in supporting them a few years back.

Bob is just being Bob. If you don't like what he says then ignore him.

I know a lot of ex married types that can talk to you about the fine line between love and hate. For whatever reason the lovebirds have had a falling out, and he slams them at every opportunity. Plus, I blame him for the whole Scott/DBSTalk divorce. Although I am glad Scott is doing well,and gets to be ruler of his own kingdom, it is a pain to have to frequent one MORE site constantly to stay on top of things.

Just like Dan Collins, Haller thought he was special - one of E*'s "favored" subs. Then Charlie's boys stopped trekking up Bob's mountain seeking his eternal wisdom. Sadly, poor Bob was relegated to an eternity of having to rub elbows with we ordinary subs, the great unwashed. Now Bob just keeps jumping up and down, frantically waving his arms like a defrocked priest lost in the ocean of faces in St. Peter's Square outside the Vatican, fervently making an ass out of himself in the futile hope that the Pope will notice him.

John Hodgson is the only one of the special 'forum guys' who knows how to bow out of the light of EchoStar with class and dignity.

Why exactly did Bob earn this original exalted status with E*?

It makes sense that he would harbor a grudge when he went from "valued advisor" to JABS (Just Another Blathering Subscriber).

Hey JB... It's Friday!!!!!!!

BobM wrote:

"Plus, I blame him for the whole Scott/DBSTalk divorce."

Please don't because this is not so. Let's just say it was time for Scott to go his own way and lets leave it at that.

"Why exactly did Bob earn this original exalted status with E*?"

He knew his stuff for the most part but later turned blind in his bias. Bob was a retailer as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)