Boo Dish already botched 811 install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mike123abc

Too many cables
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
Well I called Dish and got the great promo for $149. The CSR scheduled it for Saturday (tomorrow).

Well the local company calls and says we do not have any 811s and do not expect any soon.

grr... It is pretty bad that Dish does not have an inventory tracking mechanism. If they are doing something like this they should either:

1. Ship out receivers to be installed as ordered, so they do not have to rely on the ordering/stock of them from the local installer

2. Have a means of checking inventory at the local installers (don't say it cannot be done it is done all the time in many other industries, just look at the car industry, one dealer can spot a car with certain options 1000 miles away at a different dealership, both locally owned and operated).

3. Arrange to call you back with a time/date for an installation after they secure the inventory locally, or arrange shipment.

This business of arranging an installation time when they have no idea when/where the 811 is going to be delivered is just a way to get people upset. I would not have been upset if they told me it would be 10 days for the install so they could UPS ground the receiver if they really wanted to save money.

It is also frustrating since I have no need for professional installation. I have the cable from the satellite sitting right there ready to be screwed on the back of the box. If they could have just shipped one direct to me, it would have made me very happy.

I am still happy that I am getting a good deal, it is just frustrating to see them messing up what should be a simple system.

mike123abc said:
2. Have a means of checking inventory at the local installers (don't say it cannot be done it is done all the time in many other industries, just look at the car industry, one dealer can spot a car with certain options 1000 miles away at a different dealership, both locally owned and operated).

You are not comparing "apples to apples". All GM dealers, for example, have ONE COMPUTER SYSTEM tied to GM...that is how other dealers can search for inventory 100 miles away.

All Satellite dealers are not on a common inventory system. That would be like asking Wal-Mart to know if Target has something in stock.

Thats interesting, when DISH sends someone out to my place the workorder is from a Dish warehouse located in Sacramento so I thought they had there own installers at least in this market but Im not sure.... can anyone else clarify this?

Well I sent a letter off to ceo@echostar and they called back 6 hours later. They apologized for the problem, but they have no solution really. They claim they cannot send an 811 out to either me or the dealer directly for the installation, instead they have to wait for the dealer's original order to be processed and shipped.

Depending on when the dealer ordered it is when it will come... could be 10+ days. So, I guess if you do not live in a large city, your local dealers may never have bothered to order 811s, under ordered or ordered late. Any way it is up to the local guy and Dish claims to have no control over the situation.

Usually when I am done this way I ask Dish to do something to make up for it like a free month of premiums or something. This does work sometimes.

mike123abc said:
Depending on when the dealer ordered it is when it will come... could be 10+ days. So, I guess if you do not live in a large city, your local dealers may never have bothered to order 811s, under ordered or ordered late. Any way it is up to the local guy and Dish claims to have no control over the situation.

One thing I do know is that my install for 12/8 is already charged to my credit card, so if the dealer doesn't have one in stock they're going to be ahead of the game for a while.

Dave

I too had the same problem. I had called the Exec office got the $149 deal. The Exec got me all set up for this last Friday(Dec 5) to install the 811.

The install was set for 12-5 so I took off work to be here for the install. When I go home I had a voice message from the local install company telling me to call. I called them and was told that they do not have any 811's. WTF. They told me that they where getting some Saturday morning and schedule me Saturday between 12-5. Personally I don't think this going to happen. What is bad they have both my work number and home but only called my home number.

I have waited this long so a couple of days is not that bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)