Bought a dish and need installation help

Bimmer740i

Original poster
Jan 9, 2005
I recently bought a 36" dish to point 121 for getting Gemini and Teja tv. My installer wants $100 for install that dish. But i already have Dish 300 and Dish 500 installed in my apartment balcony. The only thing he has to do is replace the dish and point it to 121. I dont want to spend that much money for such a simple thing. Thats why i want to try by my own. Is there any directions for installation. This is my first trial. Thanks

I'd pay the $100.00 dollars and get it done right the first time. That will keep you with a warranty. If you do it yourself and then need help it will probably cost you more.

Very difficult to point at a single location without the help of the other two satellites (110 and 119) like a SuperDish has. Make sure the mast/pole is plumb and that you move the dish slowly to tune the signal in. If you had a signal meter that may help you although it picks up every satellite in the sky. If you put a Dish Network lnbf on the dish and got an aim at 119 (while connected to a Dish Network receiver) then you could take that off and put the lnbf for 121 back on there and move it to the right and upwards slightly to lock onto 121.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts