Brand New Dish Anywhere shows HOURS of Fox News recorded

AprilFool01

Original poster
Dec 18, 2020
Dunnellon FL
I had new account Dish Hopper 3 and wireless Joey installed today.
When I look at the DVR recordings on the television - it is empty - as it should be. When I look at the DVR recordings with Dish Anywhere on both my iPad and iPhone - it shows TONS of Fox News shows already recorded. I deleted them and they came right back the next time I started the app.
Attaching screen shot from ipad.
Anyone have any suggestions?

Shelley

Attachments

• 1054CBDC-5A54-4DA8-A716-012BAFA97619.png
    1054CBDC-5A54-4DA8-A716-012BAFA97619.png
    472.1 KB · Views: 194
Could that be on demand content?
I thought the same thing. But, the screen shot shows the Recordings tab selected, and most of those icons are for local news broadcasts from Lexington, KY. So, the OP appears to be somehow accessing someone else's recorded content. Another possibility is that those events actually were on this particular Hopper 3, before it was refurbished and sent back out to a new customer. It looks like Dish Anywhere has not gotten the update yet, that those events were erased.

I thought the same thing. But, the screen shot shows the Recordings tab selected, and most of those icons are for local news broadcasts from Lexington, KY. So, the OP appears to be somehow accessing someone else's recorded content. Another possibility is that those events actually were on this particular Hopper 3, before it was refurbished and sent back out to a new customer. It looks like Dish Anywhere has not gotten the update yet, that those events were erased.

Thanks!
I never would have considered the refurb angle. I just looked at some of the recordings and they are from March and April of this year and they won’t actually play - I get a “there was a problem connecting to this video etc”. Do you think if I call tech support that they can clear them?

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I have a similar problem with Dish anywhere on my phone & iPad. I have to delete some benign program in order for the listing to update properly. Perhaps the Hopper’s online database of recorded programs is still linked to its previous owner?

Delete one of the shows and see if it re-populates with your shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dgcarver
I have a similar problem with Dish anywhere on my phone & iPad. I have to delete some benign program in order for the listing to update properly. Perhaps the Hopper’s online database of recorded programs is still linked to its previous owner?

Delete one of the shows and see if it re-populates with your shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

I recorded some - junk - just to have something to delete. The stuff I recorded deleted just fine but I still have all the other programs showing. Again - they are not on the DVR nor will they play as they don’t really exist - afaik.

• Angry
I spoke with “senior” tech support. She said that after installation it takes 24-48 hours for the previous recordings to clear (if this were true then everyone with a refurb would have this issue). So - I’ll wait a few days and if it has not resolved I’ll call tech support again.
Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

(if this were true then everyone with a refurb would have this issue)
Not necessarily. Some people clear out all of their recordings before returning the Hopper to Dish. Other people may never have used Dish Anywhere at all in the first place. So, this issue may not be all that common. Having said that, many other members here have reported similar problems over the years, so you are not the only one.

Good news: While I was on the phone with tech support my iPad and iPhone were both showing that my Hopper was offline - it was not. But - maybe 10 min later when I checked - the error message of off line was gone as were all of the news recordings. Thanks to everyone for your help and suggestions. Happy Holidays to all!

• Wow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)