BravoHD is on!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The tennis that is on right now is in HD.

Looks good. Glad to have another HD option here, this is some hot action.

I would like Starz HD as well.

The reason we have Bravo HD now is because it was part of the package deal with NBC for the Olympics and for the NBC-HD distant net channel. Hopefully Starz-HD will be here soon.

Are you sure its 119? I don't get 119 very well because of trees. But BravoHD was coming in fine last night.

slacker9876 said:
Still looking for StarzHD ... guess I'll be looking til OCT
I second that...StarsHD is the ch I want most right now. Take it from a VOOM sub with Directv sub...BravoHD is horrible. Its like having no HD ch at all. I haven't watched it once.

vinnyv07 said:
I second that...StarsHD is the ch I want most right now. Take it from a VOOM sub with Directv sub...BravoHD is horrible. Its like having no HD ch at all. I haven't watched it once.
At 10 PM PST last night the Circus du {something} came on Bravo HD. Not only was the PQ absolutely stunning the circus (acrobatic type) was one the best I have ever watched on tv. It was completley original and unique. I hope they replay it as I would like to see it again. If this is a sample of what Bravo HD is going to have then I will be very happy with the addition.

50 Song Wega LCD/DVI
Samsung HD STB

YEah, don't worry YOU WILL see Cirque De Soleil again. TRUST ME. Don't even worry about the DVR.

Dvlos said:
YEah, don't worry YOU WILL see Cirque De Soleil again. TRUST ME. Don't even worry about the DVR.

LOL!! I wanted to say that, but didn't! I've seen schedules of BravoHD+ before it appeared to me that they choose to air Cirque at least once a day! I skipped ahead on my guide through the rest of the week and noticed several concerts that I wouldn't mind having on in the background, but I don't think I'll have to worry about missing them either as they appeared to be running several times throughout the week! ;)

~Alan

Bowtieman said:
At 10 PM PST last night the Circus du {something} came on Bravo HD. Not only was the PQ absolutely stunning the circus (acrobatic type) was one the best I have ever watched on tv. It was completley original and unique. I hope they replay it as I would like to see it again. If this is a sample of what Bravo HD is going to have then I will be very happy with the addition.

50 Song Wega LCD/DVI
Samsung HD STB
The PQ is top notch ...thats not the problem. They have been playing that same Circus for about three months now. If all HD Ch's were like Bravo they would be absolutely no need for a DVR. The problem isn't with the Ch's PQ...its the lack of programming. There has been word that there is more programming on the way but right now I would say that the ch is the worst HD ch that Directv could have added.

towelie said:
Are you sure its 119?
That is what was reported by the person who was able to tune it in before the rest of us (I believe he may be a DirecTV employee). He later said that it's sharing a transponder with HD PPV, which is on 119. But I haven't confirmed it myself, and it's possible it's moved.

vinnyv07 said:
The PQ is top notch ...thats not the problem. They have been playing that same Circus for about three months now. If all HD Ch's were like Bravo they would be absolutely no need for a DVR. The problem isn't with the Ch's PQ...its the lack of programming. There has been word that there is more programming on the way but right now I would say that the ch is the worst HD ch that Directv could have added.
I would have to think that if Bravo follows suit and is repitive as DSHD,HDNM, and HDN then you will be correct in stating there is no need for DVR'S. But, for right now I view it as programming that I have not seen on the HD channels that are now on line and I find it as entertaining as they were when I first saw them for the first month or so. This is why I am so glad to see the networks coming on line with direct. As the programming is different most of the time. Being part of NBC I am hoping Bravo will have a variety of programming that doesn't loop like all of them do today.

Status
Please reply by conversation.