Budget HD Advice

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
G

Original poster
I would like to view HD now, but I guess my timing is bad. Can anyone tell me how to upgrade to HD with Dish for less than switching to DirecTV?

Dish CSRs and their Supers tell me that the 6000u special ended yesterday and I must go through a retailer. There are no Dish retailers nearby and online retailers want $450-$550 for a 6000u, with a new dish and installation extra.

DirecTV will give set up HD for new custormers for $369. I like Dish, have been a customer for 4 years, and would like to stick with them. But I don't want to pay $200 for the privilage.

Anonymous said:
I would like to view HD now, but I guess my timing is bad. Can anyone tell me how to upgrade to HD with Dish for less than switching to DirecTV?

Dish CSRs and their Supers tell me that the 6000u special ended yesterday and I must go through a retailer. There are no Dish retailers nearby and online retailers want $450-$550 for a 6000u, with a new dish and installation extra.

DirecTV will give set up HD for new custormers for $369. I like Dish, have been a customer for 4 years, and would like to stick with them. But I don't want to pay $200 for the privilage.

Wait until next week and pick up the 811 (the 6000 of the future) for $399.

I would wait for the 811 I think its real list price is $399 and maybe 2 or 3 months after its release Charlie might give us existing customers a $100 break if we sign up for one year with the HD pack but this is just a guess. If you want to wait until the 921 is released there is going to be a bunch of 6000 receivers hitting Ebay you might be able to get one of them for $300 if the hackers do not keep buying them up and keep the prices high. Sears is going to be selling the 811 and they usually have a 10 percent off sale that maybe the way you would want to go. Good luck getting your HD, Mike.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)