Bush: 'I take responsibility' for federal failures after Katrina

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPanther95 said:
Of course it's a war - just not against the country of Iraq. It is a war against terrorists who want to destroy the legitimate (now) government of Iraq. We are aiding Iraq, who is an ally of ours. You generally do not fight wars against your allies or they tend not to remain allies.

Well said

Sean Mota said:
They are acting on behalf of Iraq
Horse excrement!!!!!!!!

The only one that can give anyone permission or authority to act on behalf of Iraq is the Iraqi government. The government we are protecting until it can build a military force. Be very careful what you say now or you will legitimize another one of Bush's reasons for the Iraq war... Al Qaeda. Are you saying that Bush drove them out and he was right??? Saddam had Bin Laden connections???The iraqi people were Bin Laden supporters???:rolleyes:

EEJay said:
But we were told that we would be in Iraq for weeks or months.

I believe we were told that the conflict with the Iraqi forces would be for weeks or months. We're not fighting the Iraqi forces anymore.

Mario

Please read the article I posted for Rumsfeld

"We don't talk about deployments in the specific, but we have brought a good many Guard and Reserve on active duty. Fortunately, a great many of them were volunteers. We have been able to have relatively few stop losses. There are some currently, particularly in the Army, but relatively few in the Navy and the Air Force. And it is not knowable if force will be used, but if it is to be used, it is not knowable how long that conflict would last. It could last, you know, six days, six weeks. I doubt six months."

We are still using force to this day.

EEJay said:
Please read the article I posted for Rumsfeld

I did read it. He was refering to how long the conflict with Iraq would last. He was right, it was a short conflict. The current fighting is with the various terrorist groups who do not have the support of Iraq. The administration has made it clear, from the beginning, that we will fight terrorism as long as we need to.

Mario

mperdue said:
I did read it. He was refering to how long the conflict with Iraq would last. He was right, it was a short conflict. The current fighting is with the various terrorist groups who do not have the support of Iraq. The administration has made it clear, from the beginning, that we will fight terrorism as long as we need to.

Mario
OK, that's a good argument. I don't want to go back and forth here and let the sh*t fly, especially when any side is unlikely to change the other's mind, so I'll just make one last statement.

If the administration believed we would fight the Iraqi forces for a short period of time, where do they predict, if at all, how long we would fight an insurgency like we have. In the link I posted about Rumsfeld, he does address a post-war Iraq, but in regards to our obligation to build a nation that won't threaten its neighbors, won't have WMDs, etc. The Washington Post article I just posted about Cheney quotes Tim Russert asking if Americans are prepared for a "long, costly and bloody battle." It quotes Cheney as replying "Well, I don't think it's likely to unfold that way. . . " But we are still battling, and Russert's question didn't specifically ask how long we would battle the Iraqi forces, only how long we would battle.

Since we are still in Iraq two years after the fall of Baghdad, with no prior estimate of how long we would be there after the defeat of the Iraq army, that only lends credit to the belief that there was little thought put into the post-war operations.

I do agree that the "administration has made it clear, from the beginning, that we will fight terrorism as long as we need to." That's inarguable. It just seems to some that they may not have predicted that we would have to do so in Iraq for as long as we have.

I'm out. Everyone enjoy their weekend.

EEJay said:
it is not knowable how long that conflict would last.

the rest was an "it could be" statement. For those that speak english it is very clear that the length of the conflict was known. He also said "I doubt it will be 6 months". If you think those are absolutes then Id like to do some contracting business with you.:rolleyes:

vurbano said:
LMFAO. I think the democrats are our republican best allies. Howard Dean???????? Isnt he the leader of that party??? Talk about an organization with no clue. He is sure to attract voters. And then you pick Hanoi, lets kill some civilians on the beach then claim I murdered people before congress disgracing the entire military John Kerry? Keep up the GREAT work!!!!!

CSB! Much better than the chicken-sh*t coward who failed in protecting our border from the Mexican hordes before deserting - wonder if he loses sleep over the lives of those who died in his stead because their daddy wasn't a senator with enough pull to jump them over the hundreds of men in the waiting list for the guard???

T2k said:
Bush is pretty much like vurbano: they don't have problem with their own simplicity. ;)

It is not very hard to invision vurbano playing in
"Sen McCarthy => The No - Return Of The Real Dead !" :D

You think maybe these new terrorists have come to Iraq BECAUSE the U.S. is there? We used to be disliked around the world, and hated in the middle east. 9/11 happens and the world sympathizes with us for the first time. We had the world in our palms (except the middle east) and Bush found someway to f**k that all up again, and make them hate us worse than before.

Imagine if you're living in england or japan, and instead of a "bond" type gentleman of a US President they see this smirking, goofy dolt of a man standing there on their televisions proclaiming to represent americans. Yeah, gee thanks for making the world think we're all retarded cowboys who couldn't run a business to save our lives and couldn't find oil in texas...He's a 50 year old man with the mind of a 10 year old, and he's the leader of the free world. How that doesn't strike fear into you I don't know...

Oh, BTW, whatever happened to those Weapons of Mass Destruction? Hmm?? Hmm???

how does Iraq have anything to do with taking responsibility for Katrina ???
this topic has gone way off base, should it be closed ?

NOTE: Edited had quoted something wrong, sorry.

cablewithaview said:
how does Iraq have anything to do with taking responsibility for Katrina ???
this topic has gone way off base, should it be closed ?
also please watch the language, we do have kids that view this, the success of this forum depends on how we conduct ourselves on it. save some of it for the pub sections and step out of the main open forums.

this threat is in the Pup Members Forum :)

mperdue said:
I'd rather we fought them there than here...

Mario

Bingo:D but they are not there because we are there. they are there because freedom and democracy are there. Something that threatens the stranglehold their religious dictators have over the inhabitants in the region.

vurbano said:
Bingo:D but they are not there because we are there. they are there because freedom and democracy are there. Something that threatens the stranglehold their religious dictators have over the inhabitants in the region.

Based on that argument then they should be over here in the U.S. where there is freedom and democracy. They should also be in Iran since it has democratically elected leaders and the way things appear to be going in Iraq, it will be ruled like Iran. I hope you folks can stomach that. By the way, you really can't argue that Sadam was a religious dictator. You can make a good argument that he was a dictator supported by the U.S. for many years especially under Reagan but in those days, we didn't care about democracy for others, we just wanted friendly dictators who would do what we wanted. They were our friends because we shared common enemies regardless of any other distateful actions they took such as using chemical weapons like Sadam. I'd swear some folks around here have there head so far up Bush's ass that if they were on the surface of Mercury they wouldn't need sunglasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)