Bush: 'I take responsibility' for federal failures after Katrina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt said:
All he did was issuing an Emergency Declaration for THE NORTHERN parts of Louisiana as I tried to show you last week already.
Keep up defending those crooks and liars and more and more will realize what their definition of "compassion" is.

Repeating BS doesn't make it any more true. You're wrong, T2K is wrong - get over it. You're entitled to a wacky opinion, but facts are facts - and making them up doesn't mean they're facts.

Give it up Vurbano, these two clowns have no interest in anything but babbling the same drivel over and over again.

Pepper said:
Anybody who's paying attention knows where the screwups were. Not saying Bush is perfect by a longshot, but primary responsibility lies with the local and state leaders, who demonstrated profound incompetence in dealing with the situation.

Correctly said

CPanther95 said:
Repeating BS doesn't make it any more true. You're wrong, T2K is wrong - get over it. You're entitled to a wacky opinion, but facts are facts - and making them up doesn't mean they're facts.

Give it up Vurbano, these two clowns have no interest in anything but babbling the same drivel over and over again.

calling people who have a different opinion "clowns" just shows your level of "intellect" - I can't get down that low to even see it :D
next time vurbano will tell us that the president called even Moses and you'll be the first one who publishes the transcript !

That's exactly the point - you make up bull$hit facts, then whine that it is only an opinion. Make up your mind. Facts or opinion.

Opinions may not be wrong, but facts aren't up for interpretation.

CPanther95 said:
That's exactly the point - you make up bull$hit facts, then whine that it is only an opinion. Make up your mind. Facts or opinion.

Opinions may not be wrong, but facts aren't up for interpretation.

And you are the ONE who decides what's a fact and what's an opinion?
Well I got news for you : You are not => which is a fact !:D

The fact that you feel that certain individuals are free to determine what a fact is - tells us exactly how far up you a$$ your head is.

Excellent post Vurbano! A good argument made more compelling by your timeline. Not sure how anyone can argue where the primary responsibilty rests, but I am sure some here will try.

vurbano said:
WRONG. THERE WAS 72 HOURS FOR THAT MAYOR TO GET THE POOR OUT OF TOWN. HE DID NOTHING!
http://thepoliticalinsight.blogspot.com/2005/09/new-orleans-mayor-and-louisiana.html
Sunday, September 04, 2005

New Orleans Mayor and Louisiana Governor Clueless

Here is a list of what the Mayor of New Orleans did and did not do.

*He spent most of his time blaming President Bush rather than leading;
*He did not follow the New Orleans Emergency Disaster Plan;
*He waited too long to decide whether or not to make the evacuation mandatory - until it was too late (Bush had to ask the Governor to evacuate the city - not the Mayor);
*He failed to utilize hundreds of city-owned buses to evacuate residents;
Unused Busses
The buses were parked 1.2 miles from the Superdome.

The Governor fared no better.

*She provided no leadership whatsoever in this crisis (except perhaps when she cried on T.V.);
*She refused the Bush Administration's request for a federal takeover of the evacuation;
*She admitted on Saturday that, "We did not have enough resources here to do it all;
*Yet she failed to request additional guardsmen from neighboring states;
*She also failed to deploy the Louisiana National Guard before Katrina's landfall;

As pointed out elsewhere - the First Responders are local. There was no local leadership, and now they are desperately trying to cover their rear-ends.

The following is a timeline of events:

(Saturday, August 27, 2005 early)
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration announces New Orleans may be directly hit.

(Sunday, August 28)
President Bush calls Governor Blanco and urges her to evacuate the endangered areas. Publicly, he urges all those living in the path of the hurricane to put their personal safety ahead of all other concerns. He even takes the unprecedented step of declaring states in the path of the oncoming storm federal disaster areas ahead of time.

(Sunday, August 28 at 10 PM)
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) predicts the path of the hurricane.

(Sunday, August 28 at 10:48 PM)
New Orleans Mayor orders evacuation - yet he doesn't move the buses (see picture), and does NOT ask that the 1,500 Guard troops that have been called up, be deployed.

(Monday, August 29 at 6:10 AM)
Katrina makes landfall

National Hurricane Center Director Max Mayfield warns that New Orleans would be pounded throughout the day Monday, and that Katrina's potential 20-foot storm surge was capable of swamping the city.

(Tuesday, August 30th, morning)
Some pumps begin to fail, and the first two levees break. Eastern evacuation routes are washed out. The LA Times reports that inmates have taken over the City Jail.

CNN(Tuesday night)
A day after Hurricane Katrina dealt a devastating blow to New Orleans, Mayor Ray Nagin blasted what he called a lack of coordination in relief efforts for setting behind the city's recovery.

"There is way too many fricking ... cooks in the kitchen," Nagin said in a phone interview with WAPT-TV in Jackson, Mississippi, fuming over what he said were scuttled plans to plug a 200-yard breach near the 17th Street Canal, which is allowing Lake Pontchartrain to spill into the central business district.

(Wednesday, August 31 8:30 AM)
The water from Lake Pontchartrain continues to flow through the now 500-yard breach in the 17th Street Canal.

(Wednesday, August 31 at 8:04 PM)
In the face of looting, rape, and murder, Nagin finally declares martial law with respect to Miranda rights only, but not to "shoot to kill. During this period, police are attacked by armed gangs of thugs - eventually 200 New Orleans police officers resign, rather than return to their job.

(Thursday, September 1)
Three-and-one-half days after the events began, Governor Blanco finally uses her emergency authority to commandeer school buses to rescue the flood victims, after the city has been in anarchy for days, and dead bodies are piling up in the streets.

Unfortunately, all the school busses in New Orleans that could have been used are under water.

This was a failure of local authority. They made the wrong decisions (which you may or may not blame them for, since hindsight is 20-20), but more importantly, they waited too long to make any decisions.

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
Excellent post Vurbano! A good argument made more compelling by your timeline. Not sure how anyone can argue where the primary responsibilty rests, but I am sure some here will try.

Muhahahahua, this is very funny. You or the other clown, vurbano couldn't even take on any of my facts regarding the systematic destruction of federal emewrgency services by Bush nad his cohorts.

Vurbano, you're the biggest sorry@ss here: you've chosen to ignore my post - this is the most pathetic reaction you could do... a real loser one.

T2k said:
Muhahahahua, this is very funny. You or the other clown, vurbano couldn't even take on any of my facts regarding the systematic destruction of federal emewrgency services by Bush nad his cohorts.

Vurbano, you're the biggest sorry@ss here: you've chosen to ignore my post - this is the most pathetic reaction you could do... a real loser one.

Did you really expect otherwise ?
That's how propaganda machines work - Chapter One, Page 1 -3

T2k said:

You have your opinion about FEMA-that is fine. I am sure there will be a continuing debate about what was done after 9/11 with regard to creating Homeland Security and so on. The point is, the people in the city, on the ground are the first line of defense against a storm like this and they failed miserably. I see no evidence that Bush did anything specifically wrong. And insulting people doesn't make it so.

Is it any surprise that foreigners would expect that people should just be able to sit on their hands and do nothing for their own self-preservation because if the $hit ever hits the fan the American government will sweep in and take care of them?

CPanther95 said:
Is it any surprise that foreigners would expect that people should just be able to sit on their hands and do nothing for their own self-preservation because if the $hit ever hits the fan the American government will sweep in and take care of them?

and that is a great point...If you count on the government to save your a$$ you are already in deep shi%. SELF RESPONSIBILITY

Madtown HD Junkie said:
and that is a great point...If you count on the government to save your a$$ you are already in deep shi%. SELF RESPONSIBILITY

Suuure. That's why you pay taxes, that's why you have the great country, right?

You guys are the most pathetic hypocrites, seriously. I always knew it but it never stops amaze me, how utterly defected the extreme-right's world view...

CPanther95 said:

Perhaps because most of them earn around 10K per year?

Ahhh, you're sooo clueless, seriously. How the f*ck a family supposed to leave the place if they have no car and 3 kids and about $250 together, huh?
Blacks in NO were one of the poorest in this country - and now all the totally clueless white armchair generals asking how is that they couldn't pack up their pickup or SUV, fill it up with gas and drive North to a short vacation or to visit relatives?

Man... you guys are sooo clueless.

CPanther95 said:

So emptier your brain , your ability to even start thinking is, so more you are puking your few remaining braincells out of the window.
Fortunately this country is way better and stronger, than you representing it.

FYI - I'll be gone for the next days - Volunteering with the Red Cross.

I believe T2k and Matt may be one and the same person. It is hard to imagine two separate individuals sharing such similar subversive and deviant idealogy. They appear to be a Clintonesque version of the Bobbsey Twins; a classic example of what living in a Village of Fools and force feeding your children Kool-aid will produce. :rolleyes: Yikes!

Anyway, I feel this thread has served its purpose and should be closed before it goes over the deep end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)