Bye Bye Dish- Soryy Charlie!

mboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 30, 2003
Bye Bye Dish- Sorry Charlie!

Well, price increase for essentially nothing, lack of "compelling HD" and sub par equipment led me to call cablevision tonight. This is what I will now be getting:

Just got off the phone with them. Install is end of Feb (man, their weekends are booked solid).
IO Gold + HD-PVR + 2 Digital receivers total $81 1st year, 90 2nd year. OOL $29.99 1st YEAR, 44.95 after that.
Yep, 16 HD channles and an HD PVR + 2 reuglar digital boxes for $80.90 for 1st year and 90.90 2nd year, normal price 3rd year + AND cut my cable modem bill down by $20/month for 1st year.

Oh yeah, FREE install!

What a no brainer!

I can not really believe it, but I am making the switch back to Cablevision and actualy excited about it! To think, one time I was SOOOO happy with Dishnetwork.

Just for the Dish employee reading this, I am an AEP customer + loclas + hd pack. $115 a month you will be losing.

What happened Charlie?

it is sad because most of us enjoyed dish at one time, we just became very frustrated with them. i hope they get things fixed.

Someone is asleep at the wheel. A price hike announcement just before CES? What are they smoking? Talk about a boneheaded move. :no

NightRyder

It sucks because I still have another year on my commitment. I would be gone myself. At this point, i'd be just as happy selling my equip. and buying a OTA reciever. I would miss Discovery HD though. :rolleyes:

NightRyder said:
Someone is asleep at the wheel. A price hike announcement just before CES? What are they smoking? Talk about a boneheaded move

I was thinking the exact same thing this morning!

I am suprised you stated "Sorry Charlie." He doesn't deserve an apology, the other way around. Same boat here, $120/month about to cancel.

Yep, I'm fed up as well. I emailed D* to see what deals they have for E* customers jumping ship. Haven't heard back yet.

Msnyder,

Let us know what D* says. I'm waiting for D*'s mpeg4 receivers and the local HD's before I jump ship.