cable question

pete424

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
Andover KS
I have many sets of RCA cables around the house (red, white and yellow). Can these cables be used in place of component cables?

I have many sets of RCA cables around the house (red, white and yellow). Can these cables be used in place of component cables?

No!!!!

RCA is a simple copper (usually) cable whereas component cables are 75 ohm (if I remember correctly).

Yes the both appear to be similiar, and have the same ends they are quite different in the signal capability.

i have a similar question. i have tons of composite audio cables (red and white pairs with RCA jacks) layuing around.
i stripped one pair in half and used it as a cable for my subwoofer. it does work...but is this a horrible idea?
am i damaging my equipement?
am i limiting the possible audio quality?

i have a similar question. i have tons of composite audio cables (red and white pairs with RCA jacks) layuing around.
i stripped one pair in half and used it as a cable for my subwoofer. it does work...but is this a horrible idea?
am i damaging my equipement?
am i limiting the possible audio quality?

There may be some sound degradation, and I'd be worried about how long that cable will hold out. As others have mentioned, go to monoprice.com. They have great products at great prices, they really expose the scam that is cable sales at most retail locations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts