Cabling configuration for vip 622

bigbert

Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
McKinney, TX
Hi guys. Newbie here. I have a new vip 622 sitting in the box with an install date of 4/28. My current configuration is component video from 522 to my Yamaha stereo receiver. In fact, everything runs through my Yamaha receiver (DVD, CD player, satellite, etc). Since the 622 has HDMI, I want to use it. Bad thing is, my receiver does not have an HDMI connection. My thought was to connect the 622 HDMI cable directly to the HDMI port on the back of my Sony Bravia. Since I want stereo sound, I was planning to connect an optical audio cable from the back of the 622 to my Yamaha receiver. Will this configuration work? Should I expect the installer to make these connections for me when they show up next week? Thanks for your anticipated assistance. This is a fantastic forum!

Come on with the HD Dallas locals! :)

You could, but you might end up with an audio sync issue. I have my 622 running through my receiver using component and optical (run issue). I have had no sync issues and the picture looks as good as or better than the 411 hooked directly into the 32" TV in my bedroom with HDMI.

teachsac said:
You could, but you might end up with an audio sync issue. I have my 622 running through my receiver using component and optical (run issue). I have had no sync issues and the picture looks as good as or better than the 411 hooked directly into the 32" TV in my bedroom with HDMI.
This is how I have Both my E* and D* HD receivers hooked up...(optical switch)

I run HDMI from the 622 to my KDF-E50A10, and a toslink from the 622 to my Denon 3805 receiver. I don't have any audio synch issues, but I do have the occasional audio droupouts that plague some of the other 622 owners.

The Dish installers usually won't touch non-Dish equipment unless you pay them a little extra.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)