Call from Dish, receivers update (?)

Soccernut

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 19, 2004
Fresno,ca
I got a call from Dish yesterday, they asked me how many receivers I had?told them 4, they asked me to check and tell them specific info on all receivers, receiver ID, software version and location ID. The guy said records show 5 receivers on my account, I told him no I only have 4 and that I recently had upgraded from a 2000 and 4000 to 311 and 811, he said OK and that was it.
Anyone else here got a similar call?

Yeah, that is a Phishy sounding call. Like the debit card one where they claim your card is compromised and then ask you to confirm you have it by giving them the CID number on the back.

I would call dish and ask and also report it so you don't get screwed downt the road.

Do you have a phone line on them? If not, I understand that they might do this very thing. (That's why they were asking for the location ID - it constantly changes & if you cannot tell them the correct one, they may shut off those receivers you CANNOT identify)

This was the sequence of events on the original call, they left a message on my machine with a call back number (caller ID out of area), when I called there was a Dish network greeting and immediately transfered me to the person that asked the questions.
I did call Dish after reading your guys posts gave them the phone number I had called and they confirmed it was them calling, the lady even told me the name of the person that asked the questions and said they routinely call multiple receiver customers.

Soccernut,

You didn't answer the question... Are your phone lines hooked up?

(ps better make sure you haven't been paying for that 5th receiver)

David_Levin said:
Soccernut,

You didn't answer the question... Are your phone lines hooked up?

(ps better make sure you haven't been paying for that 5th receiver)
Phone lines are plugged in on all receivers, receiver fee correct always charged for 3.