Caller ID with the Hopper Plus

DISH please fix.
I dont think there will be a fix for this. In simplified explanation the Joey 4 is connecting to a virtual machine which is emulating a Joey that is actually running on the Hopper. The Joey 4 is just a Android TV box with special software which runs the DISH app by default. That DISH app just connects to the Hopper and shows you whats happening inside that virtual machine.

In that virtual machine because its emulating a Joey you can see the Caller ID when it comes in. But it will only display that Caller ID information inside that DISH app, but won't show it outside that container, meaning in any of the other Android Apps. This is why you don't see the caller ID when you are not using the DISH app on the Android boxes.

Its amazing to thin how much work the Hopper is doing behind the scenes to make all of this happen and still do all of its other duties.

Thanks Scott, it’s disappointing but I understand but is there any reason they couldn’t add an option to the “settings” menu they made for the dish settings to access the caller id log?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thanks Scott, it’s disappointing but I understand but is there any reason they couldn’t add an option to the “settings” menu they made for the dish settings to access the caller id log?
That one I dont have an answer to, but I did know the answer of why the Caller ID does not display on the other android apps.

That one I dont have an answer to, but I did know the answer of why the Caller ID does not display on the other android apps.
I recently upgraded to Hopper +, and I no longer see caller ID when watching Dish TV. I confirmed dial tone on the phone wire and confirmed Caller ID is On in the Notifications setting. Any ideas on other troubleshooting steps?