Can Dish 300 acquire sat 121?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bimmer740i

Original poster
Jan 9, 2005
Hi guys i want an international channel which will come on 121. I am a current dish network customer and having dish 300 and dish 500. I only want those international channels olnly. Can i get those channels using Dish 300 with out the need of Super dish. Some of my friends are getting those channels with those dishes. Do i need any special equipment to get those channels. Thanks

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

121 requires the SuperDISH to access. The reason being is the technology that 121 uses is called FSS, which isn't as powerful as DBS which is what your current dishes use. The SuperDISH size is what is needed.

but my friends got those channels(799 and 802) using dish 300 by just turning the dish to pointing 121

Bimmer740i said:
but my friends got those channels(799 and 802) using dish 300 by just turning the dish to pointing 121

Ummm...no they aren't. But if you say they are, go ahead and swing that dish over and try it.

StevenD said:
Ummm...no they aren't. But if you say they are, go ahead and swing that dish over and try it.

They may be getting channels that are being simulcast on another sat. There is an FSS dish that only receives 121 (or 105) but the size isn't any smaller than the SD.

sorry i am amateur in this area. What is FSS dish and how big is that dish. What do i need to do if i only want 121 for international channel. Thanks

Bimmer740i said:
sorry i am amateur in this area. What is FSS dish and how big is that dish. What do i need to do if i only want 121 for international channel. Thanks

It's basically the same as a Super Dish. But, instead of the big triple LNB (110, 119 and 105/121) it just has the FSS LNB for 105/121.

dturturro said:
They may be getting channels that are being simulcast on another sat. There is an FSS dish that only receives 121 (or 105) but the size isn't any smaller than the SD.
No, according to http://www.dishchannelchart.com these channels GEMNI & TEJA are only available on 121.

As for the other, there's a LOT of people that would sure love to learn the magic of getting 121 with a Dish 300. :rolleyes:

Gemini, Teja with out Super Dish?

I live in an apartment and my apartment management wont allow bigger than 20'' dishes in our balcony. So is there any way to get Gemini Tv(799) and Teja tv(802) without Super Dish. I currently have Dish 500 and Dish 300. Thanks

Actually i installed the dishes with out their written permission(but they gave verbal permision) 2 and half years ago. Our landlords wouldn't give written permission. Yesterday the installer came to our apartment to install the super dish but the supervisor of our apartment didn't allowed him to enter the apartment. Thats why i am thinking of getting those channels with out super dish.
TNGTony said:
You MUST use a superdish to get enough signal to receive 121. That is the only location where those channels are located.

On another note, your landlord cannot limit the size of the dish. By FCC ruling, you are allowed to have a dish up to one meter in size (39.36").

FCC Fact Sheet here: http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

See ya
Tony

Bimmer740i said:
Thats why i am thinking of getting those channels with out super dish.
Well, it ain't gonna happen without at least a 30" dish, and if you go without the SuperDish hardware, you better be a good satellite tech to make it work.

I merged these thwo threads together

For the 18th billion time, a 18" dish will not pick up 121. You need at LEAST a 30" dish and a KU LNB. 121 is a lower powered satellitem, so you need different hardware.

Oh, and the landlord can't restrict it to a 20"...39.67" is the max and the Superdish qualifies :)
(I have a HOA that tried to limit the number of dishes and size we can have)

Do we need permission from the apartment managment to get the dish
Iceberg said:
I merged these thwo threads together

For the 18th billion time, a 18" dish will not pick up 121. You need at LEAST a 30" dish and a KU LNB. 121 is a lower powered satellitem, so you need different hardware.

Oh, and the landlord can't restrict it to a 20"...39.67" is the max and the Superdish qualifies :)
(I have a HOA that tried to limit the number of dishes and size we can have)

Bimmer740i said:
I live in an apartment and my apartment management wont allow bigger than 20'' dishes in our balcony. So is there any way to get Gemini Tv(799) and Teja tv(802) without Super Dish. I currently have Dish 500 and Dish 300. Thanks

If you have a D300 pointed at 61.5 you should get these channels. They are currently being simulcast there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)