Can existing connection to 322 receiver provide HD signal to a vip211?

cbagman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
My current setup:
622 receiver connected to HDTV on main house level - connected to 1 TV only.
322 receiver which sits upstairs and is connected to 2 tv's in separate rooms.
Dish 1000

My desired setup:
Keep the 622 on main level - no changes (may run a line to basement later on).
Trade in the 322 for a vip211. Will only be running one tv upstairs as we are getting rid of the second.

I am a rookie when it comes to this stuff so please forgive my ignorance. My current setup upstairs is the 322 and there are 2 lines run to that box (dual tuner, of course). Then there is a line running from the 322 to the TV in my bedroom. My goal is to have the vip211 in my bedroom and lose the 2nd tv that the 322 is connected to. Since I have the Dish1000, are the lines that are currently run to my upstairs HD capable?

In addition, is it correct that I would pay a 2nd rec'v fee of $6 since it's an HD box?

My house was wired with RG59, RG6 is the preferred cable type, but I have no problems running 6 receivers with (2) DP44 switches, all but one running off RG59, so if you have at least RG59 going to bedroom, then you could use a barrel connector to connect to one of the inputs that currently feeds the 322 and connect to the feed to the bedroom and hook the 211 up in there. My house has RG 59 going from each room to outside box, so I just hook or unhook the proper cable to where I want to place the receiver. I always unplug the power to the DP44 before I unhook anything. As far as fees, I think there is a receiver fee for $5 and an HD enabling fee of $6 for the 211.

cbagman said:
My current setup:
622 receiver connected to HDTV on main house level - connected to 1 TV only.
322 receiver which sits upstairs and is connected to 2 tv's in separate rooms.
Dish 1000

My desired setup:
Keep the 622 on main level - no changes (may run a line to basement later on).
Trade in the 322 for a vip211. Will only be running one tv upstairs as we are getting rid of the second.

I am a rookie when it comes to this stuff so please forgive my ignorance. My current setup upstairs is the 322 and there are 2 lines run to that box (dual tuner, of course). Then there is a line running from the 322 to the TV in my bedroom. My goal is to have the vip211 in my bedroom and lose the 2nd tv that the 322 is connected to. Since I have the Dish1000, are the lines that are currently run to my upstairs HD capable?

In addition, is it correct that I would pay a 2nd rec'v fee of $6 since it's an HD box?
That would work as you describe it, if the coax line from the 322 location to the bedroom is RG-6. Mixing RG-6 and RG-59 could cause problems down the line. The line should be RG-6 from the dish to the 322 now. You can use a good quality barrel connector to join the segments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)