Can i add a vip612 & general questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ferl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Troy, IL
I've searched and found conflicting information. I currently have a 622 and a 722. The 722 is fed from 2 ports on the dpp44 and the 622 is fed by 1 port with a separator. I do not have a power inserter and never have. Some people say you must have one and others say you don't. The installer apparently didn't think it was necessary or was too lazy to install one. Currently the 722 is on ports 1&2 and the 622 is on port 3. Port 4 is spare. The ports going to the LNB's have 110 on port 1, 119 on port 2 and 129 on port 4. I disconnected 118 from port 3 to eliminate the ota timer issues. When I disconnected 118 I also moved the dpp44 to the basement where I have easier access. It was originally in the basement prior to the upgrade to the 1000 dish. It was at that point the installer moved the switch to the roof. I'm guessing he did that to avoid running a 4th coax from the roof to the basement.

Can I install a vip612 on the 4 port using a seperator?

Do I need a power inserter.

Are there any other issues with this setup?

Thanks

Yes, you can use a separator for you 612, ( you can put one on your 722 as well giving you back the fourth line for another receiver).
No, the Vip receivers are capable to run the switch without the inserter, you do not need one.

No, the Vip receivers are capable to run the switch without the inserter, you do not need one.

WRONG ANSWER!!!!!

The VIP receivers have poor power supplies and you are asking for trouble if you don't use the power inserter for the switch.

I would replace the DPP44 with a DPP33 switch to prevent any issues of equipment burning out from lack of a power inserter, the technician should have done this in the first place if he made a move like that. Make sure the fittings on the switch are tight as well because water always gets in if they are not torqued down properly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)