Can I connect three devices to my Joey hdmi?

shortspark

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 11, 2007
texas
Has anyone used an hdmi splitter to connect three different displays from a joey hdmi out port? If so, was the signal stable for all three displays?

Has anyone used an hdmi splitter to connect three different displays from a joey hdmi out port? If so, was the signal stable for all three displays?
I haven’t tried it or really know your answer, but, do you really want three displays with the same picture...

Yes, there is no one else in the house. I watch all three displays at various times, depending on where I am. I have a tv in the home office I turn on when I am working on the pc. I have one in my bedroom that I watch before falling asleep and I have a projector in the home theater. No one else uses this stuff but me.

I have my Joey split to 2 TVs using an HDMI splitter. It works with no problems. Don’t know about 3 TVs but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work. The splitter I have is a 4 way powered splitter.

Yes, there is no one else in the house. I watch all three displays at various times, depending on where I am. I have a tv in the home office I turn on when I am working on the pc. I have one in my bedroom that I watch before falling asleep and I have a projector in the home theater. No one else uses this stuff but me.
Wait, there is no one else using the system, and you are asking about splitting the output from a Joey? Wouldn't it be easier to connect every display directly to the Hopper, and save the $7 per month Joey fee?

Reactions: DWS44
The hopper is in another bedroom where my guests stay now and then and powers the tv in that bedroom at the opposite side of the house. The three other tvs are on the other side of the house and are the ones I use exclusively. I was not clear in my first post that the fourth tv where the hopper is I want to keep dedicated for the occasional guest.

Based on what I gather here I can split the signal, I went ahead and ordered a one in/four out splitter. Hope it works

Reactions: pattykay
Should work fine. The only issue I had with mine is one of the TV's is just on the edge of the remote getting back to the Joey. It just takes some creative aiming.

Should work fine. The only issue I had with mine is one of the TV's is just on the edge of the remote getting back to the Joey. It just takes some creative aiming.

If you just do a search on Amazon it comes up with a bunch of wireless IR repeaters! I think a few of them will allow you to have multiple receivers. But I just clicked on the first one.

But just do a search for Wireless IR repeater on Amazon.. Problem(s) solved! Isn't tech great?

Example of a wireless IR repeater

And with Sewell you can have a full mesh IR network that has integrated receiver and transmitters.

Integrated Transmitter/Reciever

I purchased the goFanco 1x4 splitter from Amazon and it arrived yesterday. It solved my problem - so far. I'm glad I ordered a four hdmi out although I only need three, because one of the outs was defective and showed a somewhat snowy picture. I switched to the vacant hdmi out and all was well. So, after only day I can say splitting the joey signal three ways works fine as long as you buy a quality splitter (this one cost sixty bucks).

I would contact the seller and get a replacement. If one has failed, how much more likely that another will go - then you are short a port.

Reactions: KaptainRandom
True, hdmi connections are notorious for going out. There is at least one year, possibly two year warranty on this, I'll have to check again to be sure. If something happens between now and then I'm covered. From what I gather they are a good company. I will contact them however and see what they can do now for me.

True, hdmi connections are notorious for going out. There is at least one year, possibly two year warranty on this, I'll have to check again to be sure. If something happens between now and then I'm covered. From what I gather they are a good company. I will contact them however and see what they can do now for me.
Something has already happened. One of your ports is defective. They should honor their warranty now.

Monoprice has a 1X4 HDMI splitter for ~$28. Unfortunately it is currently out of stock. I know they really back their products from first hand experience.

Reactions: TheKrell
I purchased the goFanco 1x4 splitter from Amazon and it arrived yesterday. It solved my problem - so far. I'm glad I ordered a four hdmi out although I only need three, because one of the outs was defective and showed a somewhat snowy picture. I switched to the vacant hdmi out and all was well. So, after only day I can say splitting the joey signal three ways works fine as long as you buy a quality splitter (this one cost sixty bucks).
Did you try the "defective" port again, to see if you could duplicate the issue? Maybe it was a one-time thing. (Cable not quite seated properly, or something like that.) If you can duplicate the issue, then yeah, it is defective.

Yes, I have used Monoprice products for years - good stuff. I did not know they had one so cheap.

Good idea Crodrules, I'll try it again tonight and see if I can duplicate it.

Just in case anyone is interested, I tried the defective splitter port on my two tvs, an LG and a Sony - both 2020 models and the snowy picture appeared on both. The other three outputs worked fine. I then went from the defective output of the splitter to the A/V receiver which then goes to an Epson 4k projector. Sure enough, that worked and I got a perfect picture. This was suggested to me by a service rep at goFanco, the manufacturer of the splitter but he could not explain why it worked going through the receiver but not when going directly to a display. I guess I really don't care why so I'm good for now.

Just in case anyone is interested, I tried the defective splitter port on my two tvs, an LG and a Sony - both 2020 models and the snowy picture appeared on both. The other three outputs worked fine. I then went from the defective output of the splitter to the A/V receiver which then goes to an Epson 4k projector. Sure enough, that worked and I got a perfect picture. This was suggested to me by a service rep at goFanco, the manufacturer of the splitter but he could not explain why it worked going through the receiver but not when going directly to a display. I guess I really don't care why so I'm good for now.
Maybe the receiver does some kind of error correction to compensate for the snowy picture. This is just a guess. I'm glad you got it working. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts