Can I get HD reception?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sam999

Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
midwest - U.S.A.
Have a single, standard receiver which serves two rooms. Have an LCD HDTV in the bedroom and an analog TV in the livingroom.

My question is this: If I get an HD receiver from Dish Network will I then be able to receive high def to my HDTV in the other room, even though the receiver is hooked up to my analog set in the livingroom? :confused:

No. A dUO DVR only outputs TV1 to HD via hdmi or component video. You need a hd receiver in the bedroom to get hd on that tv. If you have plans on replacing the living room tv with an hdtv in the future you best bet is get the hd dvr for the living room and add a 211 series in the bedroom. For a $0 fee you can add an external HD to a 211 giving it dvr function for recording and pausing tv shows.

No. A dUO DVR only outputs TV1 to HD via hdmi or component video. You need a hd receiver in the bedroom to get hd on that tv. If you have plans on replacing the living room tv with an hdtv in the future you best bet is get the hd dvr for the living room and add a 211 series in the bedroom. For a $0 fee you can add an external HD to a 211 giving it dvr function for recording and pausing tv shows.
He meant to say a $40 fee for converting a 211 to a DVR

Maybe I am wrong, but I think the answer is yes. Get a 722, hook receiver 2 in the living room to the analog TV, and receiver 1 to the bedroom.
You would use an HDMI cable in the Bedroom, where I would put the receiver. That is assuming you have no intention of getting an HDTV for the living room.
You then use the UHF remote to control the living room, as it should reach the receiver in the bedroom.

Last edited:
No maybe to it Tampa, moving the receiver is the best way to handle it.

Sam999, if you need any help with this you can PM me an account number and/or phone number and we can get this setup. I'll make sure you are taken care of.

My question is this: If I get an HD receiver from Dish Network will I then be able to receive high def to my HDTV in the other room, even though the receiver is hooked up to my analog set in the livingroom? :confused:

You would have to put the HD receiver in the bedroom and run the living room tv as tv2 via coax. The only way to run from the living room is to find a long enough hdmi cable to fished from the living room to the bedroom and get a uhf remote for the tv1 output.

Thanks, that answers my question. If I can find somebody to take this analog set off my hands, I might get another HDTV for the living room.

When I replaced my dlp hdtv in the living room with a Samsung lcd, best buy took my old sd tube tv from downstairs for recycling.

I think there are 17 national HD channels on 110 for everyone and a few on 119 for Puerto Rico subs.
Edit: There's more HD on 110 but again it's for Puerto Rico Subs since they can't see 129.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)