Can I get recordings off my dying DVR 625

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lezdrum

Original poster
Jul 4, 2008
I've searched for an answer here, but don't really understand all the lingo - so I will just post my question and hope that someone will be kind enough to answer it or point me to a previous answer.

My DVR 625 receiver is dying and needs to be replaced. The tech would have done it on the service call, but I have some programs on there that I would like to get off (about 70 hours worth). Is there any way to transfer recordings to some type of media? My receiver has a smart card slot, but when I try to look up info on that, it seems like this is something used to input info to the receiver, but not necessarily for storage.

Is there a way to connect a hard drive? Does it have to be a particular type of hard drive?

I apologize in advance for my ignorance and hope someone can help.

- Joan :confused:

I'm DVD Recorder Challanged too

Easiest way would be to record to a dvd recorder. It takes time as it would be done in real time (same as a vcr).

I bought a dvd recorder and was going to do this but i can't get it hooked up correctly. I started to record and then went back to check after 30 minutes but I can't get the dvd to play. Plus I have a whole stack of unformatted dvd's but I the instructions for formatting them don't work. I can never get the tv to display the dvd recorder settings.

I was going to suggest disassembly and temporary removal of the hard drive, followed by runing PVRExplorer Pro on a PC. But if you can't get your DVD recorder to work, I would not recommend that somewhat-technical procedure.

About the only thing that might be easier than a DVD recorder would be a Pocket Dish. This is a no-longer-produced portable media player that can be connected to the USB port on your 625. Even today sold used, they're not very cheap.

My DVR 625 receiver is dying and needs to be replaced. The tech would have done it on the service call, but I have some programs on there that I would like to get off (about 70 hours worth). Is there any way to transfer recordings to some type of media?

If you are going to replace your STB/DVR then you should easily be able to record direct to the new DVR. As someone replied earlier, it is done in real time. Don't know how much real time your unit has left, though. The recording advice comes from a dish rep when I called a year ago about my ancient stuff. Same should hold true. Call & get to a tech rep. Good luck!

That first part was supposed to be a quote. I'm still learning the ropes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)