Can I move remote to TV2 if using triplexer?

heymichaelb

Original poster
Jan 19, 2014
NC
We just got Dish last week. Should moving the antenna to TV2 work through a triplexer also? In the back of my vip 722 I have tv1 and tv2 cables along with a ch21-69 output cable all going though a triplexer. I tried a couple of combinations but never could get the remote to work at all when I moved it to tv2. Where should the splitter be in relation to the triplexer and which cables would I combine to it? Thanks!

get two decent splitters, place it on the tv2 out and the remote antenna port, connect the splitter to the triplexer, get the other splitter, connect it to your tv2 coax at the tv2, place the antenna on one port, connect the other port out to the tv.

3HaloODST is right on, unless you are trying to take your TV1 remote and have it work at a remote location. (The TV1 remote is IR-only. At least it was on my 722.)

Last edited:
On a semi-non-related note, I thought about replacing my TV1 remote to a 21.0 IR/UHF remote so I could set up TV1 to use UHF and control TV1 from my TV2 location, but I haven't pulled the trigger on getting another remote. That should work, right?

On a semi-non-related note, I thought about replacing my TV1 remote to a 21.0 IR/UHF remote so I could set up TV1 to use UHF and control TV1 from my TV2 location, but I haven't pulled the trigger on getting another remote. That should work, right?

Yes sir. You just have to address it with the green key turned out and the uhf switch on.

External HD for 622

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)