Can I 'move' to get network channels?

donnakayej

Original poster
Jan 18, 2009
Idaho
I'm a techno-moron living in the outback of Idaho and just heard about being able to 'move' to get network channels other than the local channels offered by DISH. My so called local network channels are from Idaho Falls....200 miles away. Would love network channels from just about anywhere else. Do I have to 'move' in state....ie Boise? Or could I 'move' to Denver?

Most locals are either on spot beam or will be going to spot beam sooner or later, you can move to any dma you want but you need to be within the spot beam range of the market you select. Most only reach around 300 miles (some will be less and others will be more). I do believe that only some of Denver's sd channels are CONUS at the moment so don't be surprised if you only get some of the channels and not all.

Depending on where you live. If you are closer to Idaho Falls and live to the east side of the state may not get Boise.

Not an expert so maybe someone else is more comfortable with the spotbeam charts.

If I am looking at them right you may have a good chance of getting Missoula locals.

When the new Satellite for 129 is lit up next month? some of the spots and conus coverage may change. You might want to wait and see what that brings.

All American Direct carries networks from Atlanta and SF on your dish network equipment. Have to apply for an RV waiver, which aren't too hard to qualify for if you read the definition. Not in HD yet- rumors it will be??

You can move to Chicago, NY, or Atlanta amoung others that are CONUS beams for the time being, anyway. Pick an address, add an appartment number, call or do it on line. They don't care at DISH. Call it your service address, keep your mailing address as is. You can also swithch to paperless billing. Its incredibly easy. Many people move many times.

You can move to Chicago, NY, or Atlanta amoung others that are CONUS beams for the time being, anyway. Pick an address, add an appartment number, call or do it on line. They don't care at DISH. Call it your service address, keep your mailing address as is. You can also swithch to paperless billing. Its incredibly easy. Many people move many times.

Out of curiosity, why would you make the claim that "They don't care at DISH"? I would think that what is being discussed in this thread is fraud. Why does this forum allow members to discuss fraud, but "no hack talk allowed"?

Last edited:
I live in Idaho Falls and am in the spotbeam for Salt Lake City. This way I get all of their channels (if I was to 'move') and everything in HD except for ABC.

Out of curiosity, why would you make the claim that "They don't care at DISH"? I would think that what is being discussed in this thread is fraud. Why does this forum allow members to discuss fraud, but "no hack talk allowed"?

Fraud?

from dictionary.com -

Fraud - deceit, trickery, sharp practice, or breach of confidence, perpetrated for profit or to gain some unfair or dishonest advantage.

Is it for PROFIT or to gain some unfair or dishonest ADVANTAGE? I don't see it meeting either of these criteria but there are other definitions that fit your use of the word.

Fraud?

from dictionary.com -

Fraud - deceit, trickery, sharp practice, or breach of confidence, perpetrated for profit or to gain some unfair or dishonest advantage.

Is it for PROFIT or to gain some unfair or dishonest ADVANTAGE? I don't see it meeting either of these criteria but there are other definitions that fit your use of the word.

I think profit is not what we would have to look at in that definition, but rather "to gain some unfair or dishonest advantage". Or maybe "deceit or trickery". There are laws about who can subscribe to what and local DMA's have fairly strict guidelines. I'm pretty positive that there would be some heavy fines to come down on the provider as well. I'm not out to say what people should do or not do, nor am I in any position to judge. But understanding that there are qualifications that determine what locals a person can subscribe to at their residence, and then making a concerted effort to trick a provider into providing something other than what you qualify for seems wrong. Maybe fraud was too strong of a word. Maybe not. I'm just thinking that to allow forum members to provide others information on how to cheat a system falls under the same category as telling someone how to rig a FTA receiver to get Dish or Direct. One is not allowed here, but the other one is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts