Can I use a T90 (Wave Frontier) with DPP44

braindead

Original poster
Apr 28, 2005
Under a bridge
Hi.
I am thinking of getting a T90 to replace my superdish (the 119 LNB on it went bad). So I want to put 61.5, 110, 119 and 121 on it.
QUESTIONS:
1) 121 is linear whereas the other 3 are circular so what kind of LNB do I need (The circular ones all need the reversed LNB)
2) Will these LNBs work with a DPP44 switch? (I can't use a DiSEqC switch because my boxes are Dish 301 and Dish 508).
3) T55 wants 3 degrees between sats, don't know about the T90, but 119 and 121 are only 2 degree apart, so Will it work?
Thanks.

braindead said:
Hi.
I am thinking of getting a T90 to replace my superdish (the 119 LNB on it went bad). So I want to put 61.5, 110, 119 and 121 on it.
You're not going to be able to get 61.5 with any of the others. The T-55 and T-90 will only do a 40 degree spread, and there is a 49 degree spread between 61.5 and 110.

Actually, it IS possible to get a 50 degree with the Toroidal, but don't expect the runs they give you to typically show this. What most people fail to realize is that there is not a 1 setting solution - you can accomplish different variations through the 3 settings needed.

I have 2 Toroidals - one viewing a 40 degree arc (61-111) and another on a 50 degree arc (109-149). Most people including commercial satellite operations cannot understand why the skew is so different and how it works given the difference.

The Toroidals really needs the 3 degrees of separation because the actual lnbs will not physically get closer than this on the bar due to their casing. And you need to stay with legacy equipment as the MR-20s are legacy and not Dishpro.

HOWEVER, if you are willing to do modification to the setup, it is possible - just as I was able to put a MR-20 at 110 and well as a D* Sat C LNB at 110 (accepting slightly less signal for E* 110) in the process as the D* LNB seems to need the sweet spot when I had only 1 Toroidal.

If you are around salt water or places where rust forms quickly, the Toroidals do not have the stainless bolts you will want. As the units are metric and you need cap bolts, lots of luck. It took me about $80 and several weeks on the internet finding replacements for everything.

Furthermore, expect a TON of time and adjustment to get the Toroidals correctly setup. You had also better invest in a professional signal meter or spectrum analyzer because you will need it for as much time as you will spend fiddling with it.

When they work, they are great. Just don't think it will be a simple install.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)