Can not recieve all channels in R.V.

Shane Heckel

Original poster
May 15, 2010
texas
Hello,newbie here so be gental.Im having an issue with our dish reciever.Im using this reciever in the home and our r.v.It works perfect in the home but when I install in the R.V. we only get a small number of channels,and when we do get them it takes a couple of mins.for them to come up on the screen. I have Winegard Satelite model # rm-9946 single LBN.Owner before me said he never had this issue,can anyone help me with this issue?

What reciever are you using??

Hello,newbie here so be gental.Im having an issue with our dish reciever.Im using this reciever in the home and our r.v.It works perfect in the home but when I install in the R.V. we only get a small number of channels,and when we do get them it takes a couple of mins.for them to come up on the screen. I have Winegard Satelite model # rm-9946 single LBN.Owner before me said he never had this issue,can anyone help me with this issue?
What Reciever are you using? What satellite are you using to get the channels. What sat dish do you use at home?:confused:

unless there is a switch installed, you'll need a twin LNB. If there is a switch, you'll need 2 singles or duals. A dual is an lnb that points at a single satellite but has 2 outputs. A twin points at 2 satellites but has built in switching.

That didnt work and now Ive lost ALL my channels and now I cant get ANY signal at all.....this is getting crazy.Put the reciever in the house and it works PERFECT.Any thoughts????

what did you do? install 2 singles/duals or a twin? If a twin, what kind? Dish Pro or Dish Pro Plus.

If it was DPP you'll need a seperator on the back of your receiver. If it's DP you'll need 2 lines off the LNB. If there is a switch installed in the winegard system then you need to know what kind and if that's the case you can only use 2 singles/duals.

AFAIK a lot of the winegard systems use the old legacy switches, which won't work with the new twin LNB's. They should work with any single or dual LNB though.

BUY A WINEGARD CARROUT

what did you do? install 2 singles/duals or a twin? If a twin, what kind? Dish Pro or Dish Pro Plus.

If it was DPP you'll need a seperator on the back of your receiver. If it's DP you'll need 2 lines off the LNB. If there is a switch installed in the winegard system then you need to know what kind and if that's the case you can only use 2 singles/duals.

AFAIK a lot of the winegard systems use the old legacy switches, which won't work with the new twin LNB's. They should work with any single or dual LNB though.
Buy a winegard carryout dome dish it will save all the trouble of finding the satellites. it take me five minites to lock on to the sats and watching the tv. Saves time and more time for camping. The price is worth the time you save.

Your best bet is to get a 500 dish on a tri-pod. Those satellite dishes on RV's usually doesn't work with Dish Network. I've heard they work with DirecTV because some receivers only need the one LNBF. I've serviced alot of peoples RV's and they had a tri-pod which is the less frustrating route. Hope that helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)