Can Remote turn off Hopper 3 and TV at same time?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

endswell

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 23, 2008
Hi! I’m a former Directv subscriber who came to Dish about a month ago. I have a Hopper 3 and the 52.0 remote and really like Dish so far. Always looking to improve my experience, so I have a question about a minor “annoyance”.

With my Directv system, when I turned the system off using my remote, both the receiver and TV turned off with the push of a single button. With my Dish system, I need to push one button to turn the Hopper 3 off and a different button to turn the TV off.

Is this the way it’s supposed to work or do I need to change something in my set-up to get both to go off with the push of a single button?

How about hdmi control? My tv in the bedroom is hooked up to a 4K Joey and when I turn off the satellite it turns off the satellite, tv and the a/v receiver in one step.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: charlesrshell
Isn't there a TV Power button on the 52.0? That can be programming to turn off the TV but you will have to press TWO buttons to turn off both the receiver and the TV. Of course you could just turn off the TV and not the Dish receiver and only have to press one button.

Reactions: pattykay
CEC sucks. When I use my av receiver to change inputs, the CEC will search for a signal and change the input back to Dish, unless I turn on the input to the desired device before changing the selection on the AV receiver. Turning the CEC off, causes bigger problems.

My HWS doesn't turn my TV off either. It only turns it on and controls the volume.

Dish did that because people complained that they wanted to turn off the Dish receiver, but switch the TV for BluRay or streaming and the Dish receiver was turning off the tv.

So, push two buttons and quit your complaining. You can't have it both ways.:)

Dish did that because people complained that they wanted to turn off the Dish receiver, but switch the TV for BluRay or streaming and the Dish receiver was turning off the tv.

sure you can
short press turn off hopper3
long press turns off everything

there i fixed it, now for someone to implement it

Reactions: Tampa8 and DWS44
sure you can

Ya know...that's actually not a bad solution. They already have long press & short press functionality on several other buttons on the new remote, so it wouldn't be an entirely foreign concept.

sure you can

Yep, that's how my Car entertainment system works. Short press turns of radio keeps on navigation. Long press turns off everything. Same concept.

Um, I wasn't complaining, merely confirming for OP that what he experiences on his H3 is the way it works on HWS as well. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts