Can someone of the DIRT team help me

Skee7ix

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 21, 2011
Madison, Wisconsin
I moved to a new apartment last week. I use Dish Move or whatever is called. They couldn't sent me one technician for the day I move in, but 3 days later, today.
Yesterday the phone that use for the account broke, but I called Dish customer service immediatly to tell them and to give a new phone so the technician would call me today, and they say it was already set, he will call me the new phone.

Well, 5 Pm and he didn't came, because he called (the broken phone) and I didn't answer, and they cannot sent me another technician until mid next week!.

And Right now I have been having a hard time with customer service and dispatch department, because no one can send me a new technician!!!!
Because they say the technician are with local retailers and they don't have access to that and a lot of BS.

But I want my service now! I don't have TV to watch and weekends is when I watch TV the most, and more this one who with the college football and international soccer matches, and also to be free on Monday and have a relax time at home watching TV!!! But now I cant just because people can't do their job right!!!

I want a good answer NOW!

Sorry If I'm mad, but this is not the first time I have problems with tech or customer support, like they offering me the new 922 with the DVR fee of $6 (that's what they said, I thought it was a promotion so I took it) but no! the fee was $10 and they are only sorry for the misinformation that I was given :mad:, and if I want it back they can give a $5 credit by month but remove Starz free!!!! WHY if Starz free is for the anniversary?

This is just sad. To have people working on the phone and by chat that didn't know what to do.

I moved to a new apartment last week. I use Dish Move or whatever is called. They couldn't sent me one technician for the day I move in, but 3 days later, today.
Yesterday the phone that use for the account broke, but I called Dish customer service immediatly to tell them and to give a new phone so the technician would call me today, and they say it was already set, he will call me the new phone.

Well, 5 Pm and he didn't came, because he called (the broken phone) and I didn't answer, and they cannot sent me another technician until mid next week!.

And Right now I have been having a hard time with customer service and dispatch department, because no one can send me a new technician!!!!
Because they say the technician are with local retailers and they don't have access to that and a lot of BS.

But I want my service now! I don't have TV to watch and weekends is when I watch TV the most, and more this one who with the college football and international soccer matches, and also to be free on Monday and have a relax time at home watching TV!!! But now I cant just because people can't do their job right!!!

I want a good answer NOW!

Sorry If I'm mad, but this is not the first time I have problems with tech or customer support, like they offering me the new 922 with the DVR fee of $6 (that's what they said, I thought it was a promotion so I took it) but no! the fee was $10 and they are only sorry for the misinformation that I was given :mad:, and if I want it back they can give a $5 credit by month but remove Starz free!!!! WHY if Starz free is for the anniversary?

This is just sad. To have people working on the phone and by chat that didn't know what to do.

Sending you a PM.

You do know with a land line you can just plug another phone into ths jack. If it is a cell phone most can be changed to another phone by moving the simm card.

You do know with a land line you can just plug another phone into ths jack. If it is a cell phone most can be changed to another phone by moving the simm card.
We don't know what broke on the original phone, if it was a cell phone or a landline, and if it was a landline, what was broken, the phone itself or the line. If it was a cdma cell phone there is no sim card to move. He gave them a number to call, and they called the number he told them not to call. I've had the same problem in the past. I work next door to my home. I have told service people to call me on my cell phone when they get to my home and I will come to let them in. They call my home phone, and then leave without doing anything because no one answered the phone. This does not build customer appreciation.

Bogy said:
We don't know what broke on the original phone, if it was a cell phone or a landline, and if it was a landline, what was broken, the phone itself or the line. If it was a cdma cell phone there is no sim card to move. He gave them a number to call, and they called the number he told them not to call. I've had the same problem in the past. I work next door to my home. I have told service people to call me on my cell phone when they get to my home and I will come to let them in. They call my home phone, and then leave without doing anything because no one answered the phone. This does not build customer appreciation.

This is not unique to Dish. It happens to me more often than not. I do agree it doesn't make for a good customer service relationship when u give specific instructions and they aren't followed.

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

I don't mean to let dish off on this but it sounds like a local installer problem. But Dish should be helping him get a quick install.

This is one of those reason i would expect fleet vehicles like this to have alert systems to allow the tech in the van to get updates on next dispatch. And if the information isn't getting through .. its dish's fault for not testing and following through to make sure their subs have the ability and notifications for status / info changes..

If that is in place.. and the installer didn't follow SOP ... then that Installer should be gig'd for it.

Oh well, now they came and installed the service again.... and now no free Starz

:tsk:

And this is what they told me.

Unfortunately, once the services are disconnected and restarted, the promotions and the offers will be deactivated from the account.
Nash (ID: EZY): So, the Starz was removed from the account.

Nash (ID: EZY): I am sorry to inform you that you cannot continue to have that promotion on the account again.

:blah:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)