Can the 522 do this:

FJBill

Original poster
Jul 9, 2004
Mpls, MN
Watch Channel A on TV1, watch channel B on TV2, record channel C on recorder1, and record channel D on recorder2, all at the same time? In effect, having 4 different unique concurrent incoming streams ?

Or am I limited to recording only what I am watching on the 2 TV's at one time, or only watching 1 thing on TV1 and recording a different thing on recorder2?

TIA

-Bill

You cannot watch/record four different shows (unless two are previously recorded). There are only two tuners. You could watch two recorded shows on TV1 and 2. Then you could record two shows on tner 1 and 2.

Think of a tuner as an independant device. (this is the long answer sorry) Each tuner can independantly do its own thing but can only do one thing at a time... Meaning it can be tuned to only one channel at a time... tuner 1 can be on 101 and tuner 2 can be on 102 they could both be recording or watching live or some combination in between... the watching of previously recorded events does not use a tuner it simply palys them back what the tuner recorded and is no longer using. so..the tuners can only be doing 1 thing at a time (for each tuner) but you can record 2 shows at the same time and watch 2 other recorded shows at the same time. I hope this helps with the WHY question in anyones mind.

FJBill said:
Watch Channel A on TV1, watch channel B on TV2, record channel C on recorder1, and record channel D on recorder2, all at the same time? In effect, having 4 different unique concurrent incoming streams ?
No, you can't have 4 "incoming streams" because there are "only" 2 tuners. But, as noted, you can have 4 different events: 2 live events being recorded and 2 prerecorded events being viewed simultaneously.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)