Can this be done? 61.5/72.5/110/119

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SatboyZ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 30, 2005
As I mentioned before in another thread , I would like to get the new HD channels on 72.5, I guess. Buffalo HD locals are on 61.5 and the signal level is horrible so I do think I want to keep my 20" dish and not go to a 1000.4. I have to sometimes switch to sd locals on 110 (I currently have a dish dp 500 on this and 119).

So after all of my rambling...
Can I buy a dp44 and dp single lnb (for an old dish) then replace my 2 dp21's and feed two lines from the dp 500, one from the current 61.5 and one from the new 72.5? This would be feeding two 211's and hope it would work all properly.

Thanks for your patience - trying to do this with as little investment as possible.
Steve

I believe this will work, and I'm attempting to acquire a DPP44 myself. Only caveat: we will still be mixed arc with a number of channels available from both being visible to our receivers. It is unclear if we are making more trouble for ourselves than simply going with a 1000.4, or in your case a 1000.5.

Unless there is a LOS issue I would just go with a 1000.2 (129*), and then if your locals are on the 61.5* use it as a wing dish connected to the input on the .2. Also to answer your question yes that configuration would work, but you will need a DPP44 switch, or do some tricky cascading of DP34, and DP21 switches.

The 61.5 should be coming in at a good signal strength in Buffalo unless you have a line of site issue or a hardware issue, I spent two weeks in Buffalo doing mostly 61.5 installs when locals became available there in January 02 and averaged %95 - %100 signal strength on legacy lnbf systems using a 20 inch wing dish.

Thanks for the replies ...

Van- I can not get a signal of better than 18/19 on a 211 with transponder 4 spotbeam 15. This morning it was 3 - with no realignment (I have a Birdog) this afternoon it was 15! This is some wonky satellite. Did you say you were here in 2002? That would have been for sd locals on 110 no? When you mention percentage signal strength I think of older receivers. I have no problems with CONUS transponders on 61.5

Anyways, if this configuration works, I will probably go the easy route - add a dp44 and buy a dp lnb for an old dish.

Thanks

I'd just go with a 1000.4 dish they're less expensive than DPP44 switch. I could sell you one for $53.75 plus shipping. I can be contacted at (608)-429-4900.

Okay I can get 129 but...

is the 1000.2 like the 1000.4 in that the single input is disabled when you use a switch? Specifically, can I use a 1000.2 with a 61.5 on the single input then use only a dp 34 on the 3 outputs? They are alot cheaper than dp44 switches. Again, I am a cheapskate. This kind of arrangement would leave me with less explaining to my wife about putting up another dish...
Thanks
Steve

I am now more informed...

Sorry about the newbie type questions but the pdf instructions for the 1000.2 and 4 make it sound like they have no internal switch. The installation manual makes it look like there are only disrete satellite outputs for each lnb and a switch is required. After reading some more a 1000.2 will work for me with the wing dish at 61.5. I only have 2 single tuner receivers so that the built in switches are enough.

Thanks again
Steve:D

Sorry about the newbie type questions but the pdf instructions for the 1000.2 and 4 make it sound like they have no internal switch. The installation manual makes it look like there are only disrete satellite outputs for each lnb and a switch is required. After reading some more a 1000.2 will work for me with the wing dish at 61.5. I only have 2 single tuner receivers so that the built in switches are enough.

Thanks again
Steve:D

That's OK. I've had technicians who do this for a living get this wrong.The reason it is so confusing (apart from the poorly Written instructions) is that it can act both ways. When there is no external switch the internal switch is enabled and you can use the input port. When an external switch is installed the internal switch is disabled and you can no longer use the input port. This is the same for the 1000.4 and the new integrated LNBs for PLUS dishes (the integrated LNBs aren't available yet, hopefully they will be soon).

As for price of the 1000.2s, while they are cheaper than DPP44 switches, new 1000.2s are the same price as 1000.4($53.75). how ever the 1000.2 have been around for awhile and you may be able to get a good used one for cheaper. I happen to have one in the back. You can call me at (608) 429-4900 I'd be willing to make a deal.

P.S. If any wants anyone wants N.O.S. DP34 switches or used 500 dishes I have several I'd be willing to part with cheap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)