Can this be done easily?

soonerman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
I have decided to leave Dish Network for the "bundle" from my cable. I really dont have anything bad to say about Dish Network and have been very satisfied in the 3 years I have had them. This is purely about what is best for me and my money...no more and no less.

I have been reading about how to cancel Dish Network and have seen horror story after horror story. I know there are many many more people who have had no problems, but I want this to go smoothly.

How do I cancel my Dish Network and make sure I an not billed for the equipment. My 18 month contract is obviously over so I am month to month. I have 1 625 and one 311. I understand I must send these and the LNB's back to them. Will I get detailed instructions on exactly what to send back? Do they all need to be shipped seperately? Would it be safer for me just to go to the UPS store and pay to ship them all back the day I cancel?

Any and all advised will be greatly appreciated. Again, I am not bashing Dish and still like them. Please don't turn this into some sort of campaign against me for leaving. I am simply looking for advised as to how to make this go as smoothly as possibly.

Thank you.:)

Call 800-333-3474 and cancel your subscription. They will send boxes for you to return the equipment and a standard printed form telling you the process to follow. Keep your tracking number at least a year after you have returned the equipment.

One other piece of advice. When you drop off the package at UPS (or whatever place), ask them for a drop-off receipt/scan. I've had previous incidents with other companies when RMA'ing stuff, so when I returned a defective 322 a while back I got a drop off receipt just in case. When I received a charge on my bill a month or two later for not returning the receiver, I called and they said that it had not been returned. I gave them the tracking number, but they still insisted that their system said it had not been received. I faxed them my drop-off receipt, waited 48 hours for them to call me back and magically their system showed the receiver was returned!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts