Can you change the billing date? No!

jlong27

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 21, 2007
Katy, TX
I just thought I would share because I think it's ridiculous that you can't change the billing date. I have changed the billing date on all my other bills to make it easier for me to budget for the month. It's really not that big of a deal though.

I only want to change the date by 9 days earlier. I have it setup on auto pay but I wonder what would happen if I just pay it through online bill pay because I receive e-bills through BOFA. I bet nothing, I'm going to try that.

I changed my billing date years ago. Basically you need to disconnect service and reconnect it immediately. Look at you current billing cycle to see how it works (i.e. what's the first day of the billing cycle, what day of the month is the bill created and what day of the month is the payment made if you have an automatic payment). My billing cycle starts on the 1st of the month, my bill is created on the 16th of the month and my automatic payment hits my bank account on the 6th. I wanted my automatic payment to hit early in the month like all of my other monthly bills.

In order to get the billing cycle you want disconnect service and reconnect on the day you want your billing cycle to begin. Whenever someone starts service their billing cycle start date is set to coincide with the day of the month they first started service. A CSR should be able to disconnect your service and immediately reconnect it although you will probably have to insist. You may have to try multiple CSR's but trust me you can get it done.

I do that now, but I want to stop using my credit card. It's too tempting to put off paying it and I want to eliminate it. that's why I wanted to move the billing date so I don't put it on the CC any more.

I know its not optimal, but use a CC that you put in the drawer. Call that card and ask for an ACH payment setup against your checking account.

It would be DISH > CC > Bank, but at least you could pick your date.

It would also help with your credit score. Having routine activity (even minimal) will boost your score.

I know its not optimal, but use a CC that you put in the drawer. Call that card and ask for an ACH payment setup against your checking account.

It would be DISH > CC > Bank, but at least you could pick your date.

It would also help with your credit score. Having routine activity (even minimal) will boost your score.

And you certainly don't want to put auto-billing on a debit card (or just as bad, your bank account itself)

I pay all of my bills with a credit card... one that I get rewards from. I pay it off every month, it's a win win situation, I get paid to pay my bills ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)