Can you trunk at dpp44 of a dp34?

JohnL said:
Webby,

That is NOT true, there are MANY apartment complex's that have ONE Dish for a Building. I own a Double, both Me and my tennant gets service from my ONE DISH. When my tennant got DISH I told the tech that I didn't want another Dish on my Home. This was NOT a problem, all that was needed was an additional switch to provide more outputs.

The Dish is an ANTENNA that is all, the satellite signal is encrypted so without a STB that signal is unless.

Now, if you were using multiple receivers on ONE account to multiple residences, then YES you are stealing.

If that neighbor leaves or whatever then its upto the other subscriber to continue paying his bill and pony up some money to mount his own DISH, do you really Think DISH cares if that subscriber is watching the programing, as long as his payment arrives every month DISH doesn't care if he is watching, and can or can NOT receive a satellite signal.

I've posted this situation before. Here's the short of it all. Like I said..."technically" there is supposed to be a separate dish for each account. Reasons being (a) trouble shooting and (b) expiration of leases; DNS CSR could be a jerk and not only ask for the receivers back, but the LNB/switches as well. Like Cleve stated, it's really up to the installer to put things correctly in DNS notes at the time of install stating a shared dish situation is occuring. Most likely due to landlord restrictions.

Paradox-SJ said:
I am in a cottege/duplex and the dishes and 34 switch is owned by the owner of the building. They were here when we move in and are not going anywhere.

Why should I put up another set of dishes when those are already up there? I am not stealing anything from anyone. When my neighbor moves he will take nothing as they are not his either.

He is using 3 line of the 34 and I have one line left to use to my unit. I need two or a DPP44 to run a dual tuner box.

Nothing to criminal I dont think and I cant see why E* would care. We are NOT account sharing just dish sharing.

Is this so wrong?

I'll reiterate what's already been suggested. Why not place YOUR!! DPP44 switch in-line first and then the owner/landlords DP34 after yours? It shouldn't have any adverse effects on his service and you have the added benefit of having to need only one line to your receiver

webbydude said:
... Like I said..."technically" there is supposed to be a separate dish for each account. ...

And as I politely asked the last time you said it, " Why? Where is this stated?":rolleyes:

webbydude said:
DNS guidlines
Can you quote or point us to that particular "requirement. Your continuously ducking the question suggests there is no such "requirement" and people citing examples also suggests the same.:rolleyes:

Not really...sorry. It is just standard operating procedure that is always preached at our weekly team meetings. I'm sure there is something written somewhere in some manuel or tome.

It's not a matter of "ducking the question", more a matter of stating the obvious reasons why it's generally a good idea to have complete system per account. As to citing examples, a person can cite examples all day of incorrect installs and that does not make it a correct install, right?

Supporting webbydude, I worked for four different retailers and they ALL stated that dish "prefers"/ "requires" one account per dish. In fact, the last retailer told me that he had just received guidance for multi-unit dwellings, that allowed one dish, many accounts. I think there may be some cheapness involved. Dish does not want to reimburse for a full install including dish if the retailer is not installing a dish.

Change for my $.02?

im a pitt DNSC tech. There is nothing wrong with neighbors sharing the same dish. There is something wrong if the neighbor has a bunch of receivers on his account but they are in each apartment. I don't do those types of installs or installs where the customer puts the install address different than the billing because he can't get locals where he or she is at. Yeah DNS guidelines may suggest one per dwelling or something...yadda...yadda..yadda. If I get the ok by my FSM, I'll 'Get R Done'.

Last edited:
The reason for E* not wanting dishes to be shared is just that if the person that possesses the dish itself up and leaves, the other account could end up without access (as stated by someone else earlier). The MDU situation (duplexes, etc.) is different, and is typically done with ownership of the dish remaining with the building itself.

622 install happening today.

Does a 3700 not work with DP lnb's?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)