Canada in Digital ?

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Hi guys,
I am hoping someone can tell me if Canada networks have HD capabilities and or Digital or is this only in the US at this time ?

I live in NW Ohio and can get Detroit locals OTA in HD, most of the time, and was wondering if Channel 9 (Windsor, I think) broadcast in digital/HD , Seeing that it is close to Detroit, I mighrt be able to pick up HNIC in HD and be able to have another outlet for Hockey in HD, as I do not expect to see my Red Wings in HD in my area, RSN is not in HD, and ESPN is no longer an option.

I also have not found any info as to if the "Centre Ice " package will have anything in HD.

The network (NBC) will show all of 7 games this year, possibly HD, not confirmed. and OLN is not in HD if you don't have Comcast..

I have yet to see anywhere that HDNET will have hockey, (schedule in September ?) none as of yet...... And I am one that reported that info, came from M Cubans email address, so I figured it was legit.

Anyways, just looking to see if I can find channel 9 in Digital/ Hd , I can pick up the channel although antenna web does not list it, (probably due to being not in the US

If anyone has info, it would be much appreciated, also any coordinates would also be of help , no mention on thier website of HD, that I have seen

Thanks,
Jimbo

projectorsrule,

Thanks for the update, I must have missed the HDNET updated page, last I looked, it wasn't up.
To answer your question, I live in the US, so no, BEV and Star are not options.
I am in NW Ohio, and can pick up Detroit locals on HD as well, but when I was younger I use to watch channel 9 CBC , (Hockey night in Canada) not sure if they do the digital/HD stuff and thought it might be interesting to try to pick up thier broadcast OTA and have a good clean signal...

I just sent them an email, lets see if they respond, I know they are in a labor dispute, so who knows, also running on a limited schedule.

Jimbo

I'm in Vermilion, Ohio, so I'm not that far away from you. I'm pretty much right on the lake, so it's pretty flat from here to Detroit/Canada.

I've been able to pick up ABC, WB, and Fox OTA with my Voom box, but I've never seen a usable signal from Canada. Not sure if those towers are pointed north, if they are just not up yet.

TheTimm said:
No digital for CBC in Windsor yet. Pretty sure they're digital in Toronto and Montreal, but not here.

Thanks for the info TheTimm,
I figured I could find someone out here that would know, Toronto is definatly to far for me, even analog ....
But I would think if I can get Detroit, I should also be able to get Windsor when it is available, I just had no idea if they did HD or not.

Jolt,
You can get ABC, WB, and Fox OTA from where ?

Any word on if and when CBC might be going on air in digital/HD, from anyone ???

Thanks guy's

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)