canadian wants dishnet

paranoid

Original poster
Feb 23, 2006
I purchased a 625 dvr online through a third party dealer of dish products (radioshack.com). The purchase was made with a Canadian credit card and shipped to a us address, under a different name than what was on the credit card. That same day dish called my residence in Canada wondering what type of programming I'm interested in.

I'm wondering why dish called, of all the days, the day I made the purchase. I'm also wondering if dish or radioshack tracks the serial number of the dvr I was sent so that I will a) be unable to activate it, or b) able to activate it but my future programming will terminated at a later date? I will be making the monthly payments with a U.S. debit card which also has a U.S. billing address and the name on this debit card is different from the Canadian credit card used to purchase the item.

My user name is how I feel about the whole scenario, but I'm looking for some outside input into just how "safe" or "unsafe" I am in recieving quality programming.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

technically it is illegal to sub to Dish/Direct in Canada

do people do it? yes

Did you give them your Canadian phone number? if so, then there might be an issue...see point one

I haven't given them my number but I have called the 1-800 dish # on numerous occasions to see if "I" qualified and regarding certain issues i.e. will they turn off service if land based phone line isn't connected?. I remember the phone rep, after he'd done the credit check, wanted me to sign up on the spot despite the canadian area code being displayed to him.

I just recently discovered that if you *67 a 1-800 number that they still recieve you number, which is disappointing, but how they probably got my number.

I will find another method to call to activate the dvr but I'm wondering will Dish have a record of the conversation where the name I used, qualified for service along with the Canadian area code? And if they do how unfavorable will that mistake be?

Thank you.

Question about updating my Satellite dish

Need help w/ota

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)