Cancellation Procedure

termite

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 15, 2004
My 18 month contract with Dish is about to expire and I want to cancel
everything. Can we do it online ? or do I have to call ?

Also I'm leasing a 211 receiver now. Whats' involved in cancellation ?
Do I have to send the receiver back ? What about the dishes on my
roof ?

thanks

You'll have to call. they'll send you boxes for your equipment to send back, and you are responsible for the dishes on your roof.

Be Careful !

Before you cancel and if you happen to be on autopay cancel that card,Dishnetwork has been known to charge people for equipment not returned before you have a chance to auctually send it.I know this happenned to me ,as I was waiting for the box to send back receiver my Credit card was charged 300 ,it took me 3 months to get money back and only after my Bank got involved.
Even if your not on autopay and they have a Credit card on file .be aware they might charge you.
I have been with dish 14 months (this time,after leaving for 3 years,came back because there was no way to get TV in my area in the country and at the time dish gave me a good deal.)I really regret that decision and as soon as contract is up ,I will be doing what your doing(Other services are now in the area)..Dish is just a pitiful Company!

I hear you, my friend. I'm going to do the same thing (cancel) when my contract is up in March. I'm going back to Time Warner. They don't have as much HD, but at least they don't lie. And, my signal won't go out every time it sprinkles.

I hear you, my friend. I'm going to do the same thing (cancel) when my contract is up in March. I'm going back to Time Warner. They don't have as much HD, but at least they don't lie. And, my signal won't go out every time it sprinkles.

Well as much as I am frustrated with DISH and their lack of advancement (Custom Groups: Really??? That's what DISH has been working on), TWC is FAR worse than DISH. It won't just be less HD you get. Unless they have some new boxes running different software you may want to get yourself a Swear Jar to keep handy. ;)

Well as much as I am frustrated with DISH and their lack of advancement (Custom Groups: Really??? That's what DISH has been working on), TWC is FAR worse than DISH. It won't just be less HD you get. Unless they have some new boxes running different software you may want to get yourself a Swear Jar to keep handy. ;)

I had TWC before Dish, so I know about their equipment. Frankly, a box is a box to me. Yeah, the Dish DVR is 2 room, but I'll just get 2 DVR SA8300's from TWC. It's not a biggie to me. Otherwise, I could care less about the software et. al. I'm more interested in reliability than which one has 5 more HD channels (many of which I could give a sh*t about). To me, Dish is a sinking ship (check out DirecTV's quarterly numbers out today). Poorly run, with lousy executive management.

Just called yesterday to cancel. They'll ask you for a reason why you want to leave, but they don't insist. Retention talked me into pausing my account for two months (free of charge). If I don't like cable, I can come back without a reconnect fee, and I hang onto my receivers until I decide to truly disconnect.

And I went off credit-card autopay before the last bill. I checked my account today and they had already knocked off the charge for the unused 2/3 of February from my bill.

If you pause your account you still get charged the $5.00 per month charge if you disconnect the phone line from the receiver. I still can't figure that one out.

That is the case with Charter cable. They lie all the time. I phone and complain about a problem and next thing I know, I am paying for services I never ordered. This has happened several times.

The reason you think they lie is that you hear what you want them to say instead of listening to what they actually say.

Seems to be happening alot to dish, they will loose alot of subs this year. My parents who have dish now are cancelling next month when Fios is installed, I have direct and when fios comes to me in April, I will be hooking up with them as well. everyone in Central PA loves fios, I haven't heard any complaints about them yet, and they are cheap compared to satellite.

Speaking of existing cutomers, my friend got fios over a year ago, he paid 44.95 for an all room dvr, HD, and 200 channels. The price went up 14 dollars, he complained about after his year agreement was up, they immedietley gave him another year for the same price, now thats wanting to keep current cutomers

Both D* and E* would be in some trouble if Fios was available to any significant part of the country, assuming they keep pricing down. Either D* and E* are overpaying for content or pocketing a lot of cash or Verizon is undercharging given what they offer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)