This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Cancellation Question

xfoneguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
Duvall, WA
I retired earlier this year and my wife and I have realized that we simply can no longer afford satellite TV.

In looking at my account, all the dates go back to 2012 - except for one: we had a Hopper with Sling replaced this past August for technical problems. It shows up as 8/15. That shouldn't "restart the clock" as far as our contract goes, should it?

Thanks!!

Having equipment replaced won't reset your contract . You only sign a 2 year contract when you get new equipment.

You might consider calling and trying to renegotiate your rates. I did it when I retired and just did it again a couple of months ago. While in both cases I made 2 yr commitments, I was able in both cases to get new equipment each time plus lowered my rates by just about $30 monthly below standard pricing during each of those periods. One of the benefits of being a long time customer. 18+ years. In each case I went into it knowing what kind of deal Direct would offer me as a new customer and told each of the Dish reps what Direct was willing to give me (from an equipment standpoint) and a service standpoint. They pretty much either matched or were lower in prices than what Direct was willing to give me as a new customer.

Have you looked into reducing your programming package and/or receivers on your account. DISH Welcome Pac is only $19.99 plus account related fees? Right now I am on "pause" $5/mo. while I try OTA only seeing most of my viewing was over the air. I still get a few "FREE/PREVIEW channels on pause.

Have you looked into reducing your programming package and/or receivers on your account. DISH Welcome Pac is only $19.99 plus account related fees? Right now I am on "pause" $5/mo. while I try OTA only seeing most of my viewing was over the air. I still get a few "FREE/PREVIEW channels on pause.

If you send me a PM with your account information and PIN# I would be happy to look into this for you.