Cancelled Dish

J

jtoo

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 26, 2013
Maine
Hi,

I’m cancelling my Dish service and I have 2 222k’s, a 211 and a 722k with the sling adapter. Worth anything or just bring them all to the recycler at this point.

Reactions: Claude Greiner
ChadT41

ChadT41

THE BEST THERE HAS EVER BEEN
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 20, 2014
Mesa, Az
Recycler. The SlingTV adapter does not work any longer.

don’t even think you can activate the 222’s.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
eddie willers

eddie willers

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 15, 2003
Braselton, Ga.
Hi,

I’m cancelling my Dish service and I have 2 222k’s, a 211 and a 722k with the sling adapter. Worth anything or just bring them all to the recycler at this point.
Make sure they are not leased.

J

jtoo

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 26, 2013
Maine
No, I did a pay-as-you-go. so it's mine, will scap them

Slamminc11

Slamminc11

Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 28, 2005
When I canceled Dish a bit over a month ago, I figured I would miss it. Hasn't been the case at all.
Went with YouTube TV so cut my bill by more than half and still get the shows I was watching DVR'd.
They try and convince you that you can't live without Dish, well after 17 years with them, I have found that it is absolutely not true.
Good Bye Dish and good riddance!

Reactions: John Nv
fmj77

fmj77

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 22, 2017
Western North Carolina
When I canceled Dish a bit over a month ago, I figured I would miss it. Hasn't been the case at all.
Went with YouTube TV so cut my bill by more than half and still get the shows I was watching DVR'd.
They try and convince you that you can't live without Dish, well after 17 years with them, I have found that it is absolutely not true.
Good Bye Dish and good riddance!
I'd love to do the same, but living in the boonies means I'm stuck with either dial-up or satellite for internet. Cord cutting is not an option.

lparsons21

lparsons21

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 17, 2009
Herrin, IL 62948
I'd love to do the same, but living in the boonies means I'm stuck with either dial-up or satellite for internet. Cord cutting is not an option.

My daughter and son in law just bought a house out in the country. Great house and the property shares a border with the Mark Twain forest. But like you, no internet other than via their cell service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Howard Simmons
fmj77

fmj77

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 22, 2017
Western North Carolina
My daughter and son in law just bought a house out in the country. Great house and the property shares a border with the Mark Twain forest. But like you, no internet other than via their cell service.

Cellular internet isn't even an option for me due to very spotty service.

lparsons21

lparsons21

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 17, 2009
Herrin, IL 62948
Cellular internet isn't even an option for me due to very spotty service.

They saw a lot of that over the last couple of weeks as they were looking for houses with 20+ acres of woodlands. Almost all of the ones they looked at had no cell service at all. The one they bought gives them 3 bars of LTE and my daughter FaceTimed with my granddaughter and that worked well.

But I doubt they’ll use a hotspot because ‘unlimited’ doesn’t mean unlimited high speed data. IOW, for many things, they won’t really be able to use the internet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

HipKat

HipKat

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 25, 2017
Pekin, IL
I would NOT be surprised if Charlie and he get together on this. (5G video and phone, etc.)
Sparks may fly, but, oh what fun!
I think right now, the antennas are too expensive to be customer friendly on a larger scale

ChadT41

ChadT41

THE BEST THERE HAS EVER BEEN
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 20, 2014
Mesa, Az
I think right now, the antennas are too expensive to be customer friendly on a larger scale
Not if corporations were brought into it... like Waymo, or Tesla’s self driving car.

Reactions: HipKat
Bruce

Bruce

That is my dog Bender.
Supporting Founder
Nov 29, 2003
I just want Starlink to work so it provides competition.

While I have great service where I live, I only have one choice-Comcast.

We are moving to Florida soon and there is only one choice in the town we are buying a House-Charter, again with great service but only one choice.

Sent from my LML713DL using the SatelliteGuys app!