Cancelled Dish

jtoo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2013
Maine
Hi,

I’m cancelling my Dish service and I have 2 222k’s, a 211 and a 722k with the sling adapter. Worth anything or just bring them all to the recycler at this point.

Reactions: Claude Greiner
When I canceled Dish a bit over a month ago, I figured I would miss it. Hasn't been the case at all.
Went with YouTube TV so cut my bill by more than half and still get the shows I was watching DVR'd.
They try and convince you that you can't live without Dish, well after 17 years with them, I have found that it is absolutely not true.
Good Bye Dish and good riddance!

Reactions: John Nv
When I canceled Dish a bit over a month ago, I figured I would miss it. Hasn't been the case at all.
Went with YouTube TV so cut my bill by more than half and still get the shows I was watching DVR'd.
They try and convince you that you can't live without Dish, well after 17 years with them, I have found that it is absolutely not true.
Good Bye Dish and good riddance!
I'd love to do the same, but living in the boonies means I'm stuck with either dial-up or satellite for internet. Cord cutting is not an option.

I'd love to do the same, but living in the boonies means I'm stuck with either dial-up or satellite for internet. Cord cutting is not an option.

My daughter and son in law just bought a house out in the country. Great house and the property shares a border with the Mark Twain forest. But like you, no internet other than via their cell service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Cellular internet isn't even an option for me due to very spotty service.

They saw a lot of that over the last couple of weeks as they were looking for houses with 20+ acres of woodlands. Almost all of the ones they looked at had no cell service at all. The one they bought gives them 3 bars of LTE and my daughter FaceTimed with my granddaughter and that worked well.

But I doubt they’ll use a hotspot because ‘unlimited’ doesn’t mean unlimited high speed data. IOW, for many things, they won’t really be able to use the internet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I just want Starlink to work so it provides competition.

While I have great service where I live, I only have one choice-Comcast.

We are moving to Florida soon and there is only one choice in the town we are buying a House-Charter, again with great service but only one choice.

Sent from my LML713DL using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)